{5}

☆•Sunset•☆

Kokichi's POV•

I noticed Saihara-Chan fall back a bit as he grabbed onto my arm for support. I grabbed onto him and I guided him to a bench with Wisteria flowers hanging off it. We sat down and I felt a bit of pity for him. Saihara just so... tired.  I placed my hand on his back as I tried to help him, though I knew it wouldn't do much...

I decided it would probably be best if I wasn't watching so I diverted my attention to something else. As I tried not to make eye contact, I felt my hand being held within another's. Saihara had his hand intertwined with mine on his knee. He looked away from me but I couldn't help but feel guilt... once again.

"...Hey...I'm sorry."

Shuichi looked up at me as I said that.

"Why?"

I looked away and crossed my arms and mumbled "I don't know, just felt like saying it..."

He looked at me with a very confused expression, I don't blame him. We didn't really sit there in silence, he started to talk to me as if we were friends, are we? We talked for what felt like ages and I was enjoying myself for the fist time in what felt like forever. He still hadn't released my hand but I don't think I minded.

As Saihara-Chan started talking about a novel he was reading about a thief and a detective he paused mid-sentence as he remembered something.

"Crap! I forgot to return and grab a book at the library...would you like to come with me?"

"Nishishi, of course I'd come with you Saihara-Chan! Can't leave you alone in this condition, can we?"

*Sigh* "I guess you're right Oma-kun...though I doubt it's my fault..." Saihara-Chan said with a gentle smile.

"Anyway, let's change the subject! How about we hurry up and go get that book of yours! Uh...where are we going again?"

"We're going to stop by my dorm and grab the book and then drop it off at the library and get a new one."

And with that I pulled him by the hand and dragged him and I to the dormitories. 

•Shuichi's POV

Kokichi grabbed my hand and started dragging me to my dorm. Eventually we got there and I put my hand in my pocket to find the key but it wasn't there.

Hey Oma-kun, do you have the keys to my dorm? I thought you would have them considering you woke up in there."

"Hm? Oh yeaaaahh I lost them earlier while we were walking around but that's a lie! Here, catch!"

He threw me the keys and I unlocked the door and we walked in. The bed was messy and the door to my bathroom was left wide open. I sighed as I went over to my desk opening the drawer and grabbing the novel. I turned to see Kokichi messing with some stuff I have on my shelves.

"No fair! I don't have any of this!" I heard him whine.

"Well maybe that's because you already have enough stuff in your dorm, now let's hurry up and get to the library before dinner!"

Kokichi sat there and pouted like a child until he gave in and ran after me. We walked the almost empty hallways passing by some of our friends who seemed to still be getting used to the motive, we were doing somewhat well.

Soon, we made it to the library and we started skimming the shelves. I found the book I had been looking for as kokichi examined the comic book section, picking out a few as he went. I sat down next to a pile of books and started reading my book waiting for Kokichi to finish.