Chapter 30 ✔

AIDEN

It was nine days after Jay, and I had had our time together and I woke up feeling great. I felt like I was on top of the world. My hair was great, my outfit was perfect, and I didn't have class.

I had woken up kind of late, so I wasn't surprised when Jayvee wasn't in the apartment. I quickly made myself a toasted everything bagel with a thick layer of cream cheese, a large slice of tomato, and a sprinkling of salt. I smashed the two halves together until the cream cheese was spilling out of the sides. I licked my lips as I began to eat while on my way out the door.

The loud noise of children playing and laughing was all throughout the house. I decided to sit in the living room and just enjoy the company. I smiled as the two-year-old from my first morning here came walking up to me.

"Goo' moring," They cheered as they tried to climb up onto the couch. I picked them up by their armpits and helped them up.

"What's your name?"

"Ga. La. Zee," they said slowly, their face fully focused.

"Galaxy?" I asked, they clapped their hands and nodded. "Hello Galaxy, my name is Aiden."

"Den." they nodded causing me to smile. My smile grew as they started their baby talk. I nodded along until a siren was heard in the distance. People around us started to quickly move to a door under the stairs.

"Come on Aiden! The pack is under attack!" a person said as they ran past the couch. I quickly picked up Galaxy and ran to follow them.

I was led down two flights of stairs and into a room that reminded me of a bank vault. There were couches and chairs lined up on the walls and two shelves full of board games. I looked around the room with Galaxy still in my arms. Their parents were probably worried sick.

I walked to one of the daycare workers I had met earlier. "Hey, do you know who this one belongs to?" She looked up at me then at Galaxy and frowned.

"I'm afraid she doesn't have anyone. She's been hopping from family to family since she was born. Her mother died giving birth and her father committed suicide not too long after." I frowned and looked at Galaxy, she smiled at me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I need to go find Jayvee, please watch her for me. I will be back for her." I set Galaxy down next to the confused worker. I crouched down and poked Galaxy on the nose. "Be good."

Before anyone could stop me, I ran out of the safe room.

↫↬

The house was eerily quiet, I quickly ran to the backyard where I saw a wolf run to the west of the territory. Jayvee must've been there, so I started to run.

As I was running, I saw something in the sky, at first I thought it was a leaf but then it started to fly down toward me. I came to a stop as it hovered in front of me.

It was barely a foot tall and had beautiful blue wings that seemed to sparkle in the sunlight. It was dressed in different patterns of cloth, like it found scraps and used them. It had floofy brown hair and blue eyes that sparkled.

It lowered itself until its face was aligned with my stomach then grinned up at me. It flew above my head and dumped some kind of powder on me. By the time I realized, it was too late, my vision was going black.

↫↬

"Quiet! Quiet! They are waking up!" a voice said, bringing me out of my slumber. I opened my eyes and looked around, I seemed to be in a hut of some kind. It was a decent size, able to fit me, nineteen other human-sized people, and six of the foot tall creatures.

Some of the others seemed to just be waking up as well. We all looked to be different ages ranging from 20-30.

"Please do not be alarmed. We truly mean no harm to you; we are only wanting to keep you and your little ones safe."

"Little ones? I don't have kids." someone said, I and the others voiced their agreement.

"Apologizes, you are all pregnant! Sol will come around and tell you how far along you are in a moment. We brought you here because werewolves can be aggressive with things they don't understand. We only wish you to birth your babies in a safe place. We provide food, shelter, and anything else you could need."

She nodded to the fairy I ran into, and he started to fly around and look at our stomachs before telling us how far along we were. He started at the other end of the hut, so I was last. When he got to me, he smiled and said, "You are five weeks pregnant."