Debut.

The members just debuted with their first song. They had been living   together for two years already when the company first hired the official seven members of the group. They'd already bonded and were an extremely close family. All of them were excited for the big day and it had gone great. Their new song got a lot of love and was already breaking records even though people had not a clue who they were.

Aside from breaking records, the members had also done a fan sign and received a lot of love. They were all pretty nervous, this was all new to them. Jungkook was the most nervous. He still saw himself as a 15 year old kid from a small town in Korea, he had no idea what being a kpop idol was actually like quite yet. None of them did. The maknae was grateful that he had such a great support system. His hyungs absolutely adored him, and him and Taehyung had grown closer than twins. Everyone at the company treated him and the other members very well and were very supportive leading up to their debut.

The first thing some of the company directors noticed as soon as they debuted was the amount of attention Jungkook was getting. He was instantly a fan favorite. He was receiving the most letters and views on videos. He was receiving the most cheers. His hyungs loved that for him, they all thought it was adorable and eventually even gave him the nickname of 'Golden Maknae'.

Unfortunately, the company quickly started viewing Jungkook more as profit than as a person. They decided he needed to be in more photoshoots, he needed to have more singing time, he needed to be involved more with the dance routines, he needed to do livestreams more often. He was becoming severely overworked. One night they even asked him to bring 10,000 printed posters of himself home and hand sign every single one of them. Thankfully his hyungs thought that was the most ridiculous thing they'd ever heard, so unknown to the company they sat up all night helping Jungkook by forging his signature on the posters so he didn't have to do it alone.

It was only getting worse. Aside from the extra work, the company was now becoming strict with Jungkook's body too. They put him on a strict diet because they wanted him to look his absolute best. The hyungs completely disapproved of this. Namjoon took his role as leader very seriously and told the company director that they were not allowed to put Jungkook on a diet because he was only 15 and it would only hurt him. The director brushed Namjoon's concerns aside and still told Jungkook to stick to the diet and it made the maknae confused on whether to listen to his hyung and leader or to listen to his company director. At work he wouldn't eat a thing, but at home the hyungs almost forced him to sit at the dinner table and at least eat something.

The older members were getting frustrated with the way the company was treating Jungkook. They were taking advantage of the fact that the maknae was a small and shy kid who still seeked approval from the adults around him, so he never stuck up for himself. He kept his frustrations to himself and would only talk about his feelings when he was home with his hyungs.

One camera director really made Jin angry one night. The members were recording for a music video late into the night and everyone was done. It was already close to 1 AM and the members were exhausted and excited to finally go home. Suddenly the camera director decided he wanted Jungkook to redo his scenes because "ARMY needs to see absolute perfection from you Jungkook, and there are some improvements you can make."

All of the members looked at eachother unsure of what to do. Jungkook felt his heart break but simply replied with "Okay." He didn't want to cause any conflicts and didn't want anyone upset or angry with him so he would do anything he was told to do.

"No no no," Jin finally spoke up, "It's late. He needs rest."

"It's fine, hyung. You guys can go home I will stay," the maknae replied. The members could easily tell Jungkook was trying not to cry. He looked so exhausted already, they didn't know how the company expected even more out of him. Taehyung went over and grabbed the sleeve of Jungkook's arm, "But it's already so late," he turned to the director, "Can't he just do it another day?"