Chapter 16

♧ ♧ ♧
It had been about a week and there hadn't been a meeting at the hideout until today. But during the week you had off, you noticed that every time you would hang out with Dabi, Jasmine would some how find a way to invite herself. You normally wouldn't mind if it was sometimes but it was every single time and today was no different. You and Dabi were gonna hang out at his apartment and it turned into you Dabi and Jasmine. You were sitting on the couch while Dabi and Jasmine talked. That tended to be how it turned out. It would start with everyone talking but then Jasmine would take over the conversation and you would be pushed out by her suffocating personality that you didn't know she had.

They were talking and laughing together and you were just by yourself. Eventually you got up and went into the kitchen. You grabbed a glass and got some juice. You were in there by yourself until Dabi walked in.

"Hey why'd you leave?" He asked.

"I was thirsty" you mumbled.

"Right" he said just looking at you.

"Where's Jasmine?" You asked.

"She went to fix her makeup before the meeting" he said as you took another sip of your drink.

He could tell something was off. It was almost like you weren't yourself when as Jasmine was around.

"How do you think this meeting will go?" You asked looking over at him.

"Depends on how much he knows" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Is it bad that I don't really wanna go"

"No, I don't blame you. We could either get ripped a new one or be praised for going the extra mile" he said leaning on the counter next to you. "Or you will be praised for going the extra mile" he said pushing your hair behind your ear.

You smiled and rolled your eyes. Jasmine came out of the bathroom and you all started walking to the hideout. You walked in and the first thing you noticed was Toga struggling to do her hair. You ignored it at first and walked to the back and took a seat while Dabi and Jasmine stayed up front. You could hear Toga getting more and more frustrated until she got up and walked towards Dabi.

"Dabi can you do my hair" she asked nicely and he nodded but Jasmine was quick to stop him.

"She's a big girl I'm sure she can do her hair on her own" Jasmine said and Toga gave her a dirty look.

"I always do her hair" he said and that came as a surprise to you. You couldn't imagine Dabi doing hair.

Jasmine started to argue a bit and they sounded like an old married couple. Toga just stood there very frustrated and you could see it in her eyes that she was upset. You sighed and got up and walked towards her.

"Toga it's okay lets leave them alone and I'll do your hair" you said to her and she smiled.

"Are you good at it?" She asked.

"I believe so, if I do say so myself" you said with a smile.

"Okay then" she said the following you to the back.

"Alright what do you want done?" You asked as she sat down in a chair.

"Uh just my normal buns" she said and you nodded and got to work.

You parted her hair putting one half of it up so it would be out of the way. While you did this Dabi kept looking back at you. Jasmine noticed and brought his attention back to her. After a few minutes you had finished her hair and stared brushing her bangs.

"I don't like her very much" Toga said.

"Who, Jasmine?" You asked and she nodded. "She's not so bad, you just have to get to know her" you said finishing up. "All done"

"Thank you!" She said happily and then went to go show Compress and Spinner.

Shortly after Shiggy came in. Just by his face you couldn't tell if he was upset or not. You sat down and prepared for anything.

"Jasmine your first mission was yesterday, how was it?" He asked.

"It was pretty easy" she said with a smile on her face.

You and Compress looked at each other.

"Good. So now my only question is who caught Eraserhead?"

"I did" Dabi said.

"And who led him to go to Dabi?"

You opened your mouth to speak but you were cut off by Jasmine.

"I did"

Your face dropped. Spinner and Compress looked at each other and Dabi looked at Jasmine and then you. It was written all over your face. You were pissed. Was she fucking joking? She had to be. But then the conversation continued.

"You did, all by yourself?" Shiggy asked and you looked at Dabi.

"Yep, just me" she said nodding her head with a smile on her face.

"How did you do it?" He asked and she stared telling her made up story to make her sound good.

You felt your blood boil. You felt betrayed and Dabi didn't even say anything. And then you started laughing. For the first time Toga was actually scared of you and Dabis eyes got a bit wide.

"Typical" you said getting up. "Just typical" you said walking out of the door and slamming it shut.

The room fell silent and Jasmine looked over at Dabi who was just looking at her. She gave him a confused look and then he got up and went to go after you. You were walking, you didn't know to where but you were walking.

"Y/n" Dabi said your name but you ignored him "Y/n" he said again catching up to you, his fingers grazing your arm.

"What, what what!" You yelled. "What do you want"

"What just happened?" He asked confused.

"What just happened, you were in the same room right?' You said as he took a step towards you. "She just took all the credit for my work, I am the only reason that shit didn't fail!" You yelled.

"Okay I understand but" He started but you cut him off.

"No you don't understand. That was just complete bullshit." You yelled looking at him and getting even more angry.

"Why do I feel like thats not all your upset about?" He asked and you stayed silent. "I get being upset about it but why the fuck are you this angry?"

"Because Dabi, this is bullshit! She is supposed to be my friend and she just lied with no issue at all. She hasn't taken credit for something that I did in a long time but of all things she picked this. And I have to deal with it because she is my only friend because no one wanted to be friends with the girl who had a dead mom!" You said. "It feels like she can't stand the fact that I could be better than her at something so she stole my thunder and you let her!" You yelled.

"How is this my fault?" He yelled

"Because you didn't say anything!" You yelled
♧ ♧ ♧