35 - real life

3rd Person POV:

Both actresses just finished settling in Scarlett's New York penthouse and Lizzie went straight to the wide glass window, overlooking the city that's covered in a blanket of snow. It's the second snow in the month of December and the brunette takes in the wonderful view and continues to watch as the snowflakes fall from the sky. 

"Wow." she breathes. "It's beautiful."

"It is." Scarlett smiles, suddenly showing up behind the younger actress.

Lizzie's still looking out the window and what she didn't see is that the slightly older actress was looking at her, not the view. Scarlett finally understands those cliches in a Rom-com movie wherein the leading man agrees to the typical female protagonist role who usually says the line 'it's beautiful' during a rooftop scene, but instead of the leading man looking at the view, he looks at his leading lady as he replies 'it is', without looking away. Because the magnificent and cozy view of New York City along with Lizzie's gorgeous face which is perfect in Scarlett's perspective makes it seem to be the reason why the word 'beautiful' was born. 

Lizzie glances behind her and locks eyes with the blonde woman, catching her in the act, finally realizing that she wasn't looking out the window but was looking at her the entire time. It wasn't the snow's nor the weather's fault but it felt like time froze as they gaze into each others olive green eyes. The brunette takes a step forward but this snaps Scarlett out of it and immediately walks away, denying herself that whatever moment she shared with Lizzie, didn't happen.

"How 'bout we make some hot chocolates and maybe you teach me how to bake as you promised me, huh?" the New Yorker nervously chuckles, her voice fading away towards the kitchen.

Lizzie found herself staring into space, questioning what just happened. Her anxiety taking over her mind. Thinking if Scarlett is just ignoring the moment that they both shared or if it wasn't actually there in the first place. Growing more confused even more than ever.

She then decides that she doesn't want to ruin whatever bond they have formed together over the last few weeks so she shook her head and followed Scarlett to the kitchen.