Ugh. That time of month

You woke up to extreme pain. Immediately, the pain made you curl up in a ball.

"Leave me here to die" you said to yourself while pulling the blankets over you. You had fallen asleep again, and woke up three hours later.

"11? Jeez. How long was I asleep for?" You were quickly reminded of the pain you had earlier. While moving around, you felt a wet spot on the bed. "Are you kidding me???" You groaned. You bled through your clothes, and onto the bed sheets. "Shit, I don't have the energy to get this cleaned."

There was a knock on your door.

"Y/n!!!! I'm coming in." A voiced rang through the room. It was Sam. Poor timing.

"Go away, Sammy" you yelled back, "not a good ti-" but before you could finish your sentence, he was already in the house.

"What's wrong, why have-" he stopped dead in his tracks when he looked to see you. "You look like shit."

"Yes because that's what every girl wants to hear from a boy." You rolled your eyes.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to say that. You just don't look like you're feeling too well." He said regretting what he said just moments before.

"That's because I'm not. Now can you please leave me alone?" You turned around to go back to bed.

"Uh. I can take care of you" he said, "if you want."

"I'm a big girl, Sammy, I can handle my own." Then a sharp cramp hit. You gripped your stomach.

"Here's let's get you back to bed" Sam rushed over to you when he saw you holding yourself tightly.

As you were walking to bed, you remembered that you stained the bed, and you didn't want him seeing it. For one that's embarrassing, and two you didn't want him knowing you were on your period.

"I-uh," you stuttered, "I'm fine. I can make it by myself the rest of the way" you said stopping him from walking any closer to the room.

"Y/n, please, you're not feeling well. I just want to know you're okay." He walked through the door, making you grimace in embarrassment. "Oh my god y/n, you're bleeding?" Sam said looking at the bed, "Did you get stabbed? Did someone hurt you?? Who did this to you? I'll make sure they get it real good."

You laughed a little. "No, Sam. I didn't get stabbed. It's that time of month." You said the last part a little low out of embarrassment.

Sam cocked his head. "Huh?"

"Period, Sam. I'm on my period." You said slightly raising your voice.

Sam's mouth formed an "oh".

"Yeah." You said looking down.

"I'm gonna go" Sam rushed out of the door.

"I might've scared him off. Ughhhhh. Why me?" You felt defeated. You thought Sam thought you were gross. I mean why else would he have left so quickly after saying that. Sam was your best friend, so you thought your friendship might be over based on the way he ran out.

You decided to lay on the couch with the blanket. You were in too much pain to throw the sheets in the wash, and you didn't want to lay on your bed without your sheets, or worse, on the blood stained sheets. So the couch it was.

__________________

You must have fallen asleep because you woke up, and the first thing you noticed was the strong smell of chocolate chip pancakes. You jolted up quickly. "Did I forget I was cooking something?" You asked quietly to yourself. You rushed off of the couch, and into the kitchen. You saw freshly made pancakes being cooked, so you knew it couldn't have been you. These were just poured into the pot. A little weirded out, you walk around your house to see if there was somebody inside, but didn't see a single person.

You walked into your room, and noticed that the sheets were gone. "Did I put them in the wash in my sleep?" Now you were really confused. You looked at your nightstand, and saw a small basket full of goodies. You decided to take a closer look. Inside were your favorite chocolate bars, a cold brew coffee, your favorite kind of cold brew, along with tampons, pads, and a coloring book with colored pencils. "What the hell?" Then, a big thud came from outside.

You ran. Someone is here, who knows how long they've been here for. You opened the door to go outside. There, you saw Sam on the ground, with the bucket of food spilled all over, and the chickens were going at it. You couldn't help but laugh. It was loud enough for him to hear. He turned and saw you standing at your front door.

"Well look who's finally awake. You've been asleep for a while. I thought I would come out here and take care of the animals and crops." He flashed a huge grin.

"You didn't have to do all this you know. I could've managed. I'm just glad we're still friends"

Sam looked at you confused. "Of course we're still friends? Did you have another dream where you I got mad at you, and broke the friendship off?" He said giving you a funny look.

"No, it's just that you ran off earlier with no explanation, so I thought I forever grossed you out." You said sadly.

"No. I ran out because I wanted to get you feeling better as soon as possible. So I went and got some things for you that I thought would help. And I know I'm not a cook, but I at least know how to make panca- THE PANCAKES! I forgot!" He got up so quickly and ran into the house past you. You followed behind him.

It was too late, the pancakes were already burnt. The fire alarm started going off.

"Shit" Sam grabbed a pan and started fanning it towards the smoke alarm. After about ten seconds, the alarm stopped beeping.

"Ugh. I can't even make something as simple as pancakes. Not even instant ones. How pathetic is that?" He said shaking his head.

"It's not pathetic, I think it's adorable that you even did this for me. You're the only guy that has ever done something like this for me, and the worst part is, you're not even my boyfriend, yet you still did this. Thank you, Sammy." You gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Also, I'm guessing you put the sheets in the wash" you grimaced in embarrassment.

Sam could feel the embarrassment coming off of you. "Relax, it's only a little bit of blood. Nothing to feel ashamed of. Speaking of that, it's probably done washing. I'm gonna go put it in the dryer." He got up off the chair.

He left his phone on the table. The screen was lit to the last thing he looked at. What you saw made you giggle. On the screen was an article on what to get a girl who's on her period. "So that's where he got the idea of a period basket. He's such a dork."