A surprise ✨

Sam and I had been together for 4 years now. Not married yet. It was early morning. I was awoken by a weird feeling, and immediately felt sick, so I went to the bathroom.

Sam was in the bed, half asleep. He was muttering something. "Huh.." He opened his eyes a tiny bit and saw me walking to the bathroom. "Honey..?" Sam was still half asleep, and was smiling at me.

"Yeah?" I weakly said from the bathroom in our bedroom.

"Are you okay? " Sam stretched.

I sat on the bathroom floor, leaned over the toilet, and threw up in the toilet "ughhh" I groaned.

"Oh my god!" Sam quickly ran to the bathroom as well, sitting on the floor next to me. "Baby??! Is everything okay.." He sounded concerned.

"Yeah, I think my stomach is just upset for som-" And I threw up again in the middle of that sentence.

Sam looked at me very concerned while I threw up. "Oh, no.. Should I call the clinic?" He looked at me while I threw up, and held my hair back. He put his hand on my stomach once I stopped.
"Does your stomach hurt.. ?"

"Yeah, let's call Harvey" I said softly.

"Okay.." Sam started dialing the number for Harvey. "Should I get you some water?"
Sam was still rubbing my stomach, looking at me with his phone up to his ear.

"Please" I said weakly.

Sam got me a glass of water and handed it to me.
"Here, love" He said softly. Harvey picked up the phone.*

"Hello..?" was heard on the other side of the call.

"Hi! Yes, it's Sam! I was calling because y/n is not feeling well.. she threw up twice in the bathroom.."

"Alright, I actually have time right now if you want to bring her over" Harvey said.

" Yes, that would be great actually. " Sam put the phone on speaker so I could also hear the conversation. He was smiling down at me, rubbing my shoulder. "We'll be there in 10 minutes. "

"Great. See ya then" Harvey said then he hung up.

Sam looked at me again. "Harvey said it was okay for you to go over." He was rubbing my shoulder still, smiling and trying to look reassuring. He was still a little bit worried. He was also still half asleep.

"Okay. Let's go" I grabbed Sam's hand.

"Alright. Let's go see Harvey, baby." Sam smiled at me, and started to get up. "Can you walk okay..? "

"Yeah, I'm fine. My stomach is just a little messed up is all" I gave him a weak smile.

"We'll fix that, honey. Harvey will help us." He was smiling at me, trying to help me stand up to walk to the front door. "Are you ready?" I nodded my head, and we walked to Harvey's clinic.

Sam opened the door for me, and helped me get inside of the clinic. Harvey looked at us as we entered. "Hello, Sam and y/n! What exactly is going on today?" Harvey was sounding cheerful. Harvey brought us to the back.

We explained what happened this morning, and Harvey asked us further questions, and if I had noticed anything else the last few days. He asked the basic questions like when was my last cycle, have I traveled recently, yada yada yada.

"I'm just gonna run some blood work on you for right now. Let's start there" Harvey said. Sam was standing next to me, rubbing my back. He was smiling, trying to calm me down. He looked at Harvey with a nod.

"Now before I start, are either of you squeamish when it comes to needles?" Harvey asked while preparing the needle and vials.

"Me....haha" Sam laughed awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck. "Needles makes me..." Sam said while getting the chills.

"It's okay, lots of people are like that. Just turn around when I put it in her arm" Harvey smiled.

" okay.. " Sam was still anxious, but turned around so he won't see the needle going in my arm.

"Okaaay, there" Harvey said feeling around for a vein, and stopping when he found a good one. "This might pinch a little" Harvey said being as gentle as possible.

Harvey put the needle in my arm, and took a few vials of blood. "Alright, done with that. Sam you can look now. I'll be back with the results once they're in. You two make yourselves comfortable."

Sam turned back around. He gave me a nervous smile. "Sorry I'm such a baby when it comes to needles" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I chuckled. "You're fine." He then looked at me to make sure I was okay.

"How do you feel, love?" Sam smiled, starting to rub my back again.

"Still nauseous. And exhausted" I said.

"Yeah, throwing up does that to you, honey." He was still smiling at me. "Hopefully the nausea goes away soon." Sam was stroking my hair now too. "You hungry?" He asked softly.

_____

After about 40 minutes later, Harvey comes back with the results. "So.....?" I asked Harvey.

"Well the good thing is, y/n is not sick" Harvey smiled.

Sam sighed in relief. "That's good news." Then he furrowed his brow in confusion. "No sickness, huh..? Then what's wrong?"

"Yeah...so...then what is it?" I asked Harvey.

Harvey looked at us with a small smile. "Congratulations! You're pregnant!" Harvey said softly, smiling at me. Sam was looking at me in shock. He put his hand on my stomach.

"Pregnant???" I looked to Sam for his reaction.

Sam was still in shock, but smiled at me and nodded his head. He looked at Harvey for a little while. "How far along..? " his voice was shaky, he was trying to keep calm.

"About 5 weeks. So only a little over a month along" Harvey smiled.

Sam was smiling brightly at me, his face almost turning completely red. "Okay.. So my sweet y/n is pregnant.." He was stroking my hair, still smiling. He couldn't wipe the cheesy, idiotic grin off his face. "I'm going to be a dad..!"

"Come back in 3 weeks, and we can give you your first ultrasound!" Harvey smiled.

Sam was smiling at Harvey, nodding his head in a reassuring way. "Yes, of course..! "He looked at me with a bright smile. He started to rub my stomach again.

We walked out of the clinic. "Wow" I said, still stunned from the news we just received.

" I know, right? We're having a baby!" He giggled softly. "We're going to be parents."

I smiled at Sam's excitement. "I'm surprised you're not scared, considering we're only in our early twenties"

"No, I'm definitely scared, I'll admit" He started. "But that baby is already so loved. I'm going to do everything I can for you both" He grabbed my hands, and kissed them. "We're going to be the best parents. And I'll make sure that you never feel like you're doing anything alone. We'll get through this together. We'll figure it out" He said kissing my forehead.

I smiled warmly, and teared up a little. "I love you, Sammy."

"And I love you...and our baby" He flashed a cheesy grin. "Let's get you some food. You are eating for two now." He giggled.

"Alright, let's go"