Chapter 15

Am I having some kind of twisted dream right now or am I going insane? Did Lucas seriously just say he was bringing me to Alabama to get MARRIED?!?!?! I'm only 17 years old!! I'll be eighteen in a few months, but still, I'm so young! Plus, I barely even know him! We aren't even a couple! Like, what?! OMG?!?! I am freaking out!

"You're kidding me right?" I let out a nervous laugh.

He still doesn't take his eyes off of the road, but I do notice that he speeds up a little bit.

He doesn't answer me.

"Hello?? Are you even listening to me?!"

He continues his dead stare at the road. He looks very intent.

"Answer me please!" I beg.

He FINALLY glances in my direction for just a tiny little second and then his gorgeous eyes are back on the road once again.

"No, I'm not kidding you."

My eyes go wide. WHAT?!?!?!!?

"Am I being PUNKD? Seriously, where's Ashton?"

Lucas does not look amused AT ALL.

I gulp. I have no idea what to think or what to do. This is seriously CRAZY. I would have never seen this coming in a million years. I had assumed he was going to bring me to the beach to talk or something, but I had definitely NEVER expected THIS.

"You can't force me to marry you!" I spat at him.

"Why not?" He winks at me.

"Because I don't want to get married. I'm only 17, you crazy person."

"So? Don't you like me?"

"Yes, I like you, but I'm not in love with you!"

"Isn't that what marriage is about...falling more and more in love with a person every single day that you are married?"

"Yeah, I guess, but I'm not even in love with you at all right now so how is that going to work? I'll tell you! It's not!"

"You need to be more optimistic."

"You have some serious issues. You need to bring me back home now or stop and let me walk home."

"You wouldn't even know how to get back." He smirks.

"Wait, we can't even get married unless I had parental consent and I don't so HA in your face!" I point my finger at him.

"That doesn't matter." He grins.

"Why doesn't that matter? It's the law."

" I know people."

My mouth falls open. What is happening to my life? First my mom dies, then I have to go live with my dad and his new wife, then I get a crazy stalker, Joseph, and now THIS with Lucas.

Mom, I really wish you were here right now.