0-3.

S.A.V.E.A

----------------------------------------------------------

-Savea Renee Roger

8:52pm

"Ma can you at least see if it's any way you can get here? Jai already said he can't come because of Aniya.." I said pleading with my mom.

It was Friday night around 15 minutes before my game, my mom had texted me saying that she wouldn't be able to make it along with Jai.

My mom and Jai never missed any of my games, I understood why they couldn't make it today but I mean still.

" I'm sorry boo, ima make it up to you I promise.. its like nobody on the floor tonight at the hospital, I gotta stay" My mom said and my head went down

"Its okay ma.. love you though" I said hanging up, I picked my gym bag up and sat in the chairs by the gym entrance.

I just sat there for a while before Coach B called everybody to get ready to do warmups.

I wasn't necessarily mad at my mama and Jai because they couldn't come but I really loved them being there to watch me but I mean ima still go hard regardless.

"Vea cmon you ready?" Coach B yelled, I lifted my head up from my phone nodding & got up from my seat.

I walked over to the team chairs slipping on my Kobe Grinches and lacing them up, I stretched out my legs quickly and as I walked towards the court I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around confused until my eyes met with Jalen's, I completely forgot I even invited him but he made my day, even when I did invite him I wasn't sure he'd come but it was sweet that he did.

"Yoo shordy" he said to me and I smiled

"Heyy, thanks for coming" I said giving him a hug and he nodded

" Yeah fs fs" he said smiling and walking across the gym to the bleachers

I walked onto the court and got into our lines for warmups while the other team did the same.

I got the ball passed to me, I ran and shot the ball up into the hoop then ran back into line.

We our drills until it was time to stop and the the game began.

⏩⏩

The final whistle blew and the game was over, 57-34.

I walked off the court after we did handshakes grabbing my gym bag, and headed for the door so I could get to the bus.

"Savea, wait up" I heard from behind me and I turned around

Jalen did a small jog towards me to catch up as I waited for him.

"You did good out there, Ian think you was forreal bout bein good" I laughed at him

"Well I told you I could do a li sumn out there" I said holding onto my bag.

Coach B came up to me and Jalen on his way up to the bus.