012

Dustin helped Lola sit Eddie up, the throbbing pain in her abdomen still stabbing sharply, courtesy of Steve Harrington. Lola and Steve had never really spoken... he asked her out once to piss off Billy but that was basically all as far as she remembered. Oh, and he asked how she was doing after he died to which she probably regurgitated the same stupid response as she did to everyone. Something along the lines of 'I'm getting there, thanks for asking.'

The looks spread across the four of their faces were slightly concerning, not only did they look worried, they seemed very serious about it. Lola went to go and stand with Max, but she shook her head. "You might wanna sit down for this too."

Lola gulped and did as she was told, taking a seat next to Eddie. His left knee was bouncing erratically and he was fidgeting with his rings in his lap as if he hadn't just gone full offense onto Steve after he had jabbed Lola.

"Guys, tell us everything." Said Dustin gently. Lola looked to Eddie, waiting for him to speak. Her whole life she waited for others to speak, it probably came from her early childhood issues, but there was a difference. She couldn't have really cared less whether other people spoke or not, but Eddie always seemed to say the right thing. She didn't mind waiting for him to speak, she wanted him to.

"Her body just like.. lifted up into the air and uh, and she just like, hung there, in the air," he mumbled, staring into space. Lola felt a cold chill crawl up her spine as she was forced to remember the haunting scene, "and her bones... uh, she... her bones started to snap," Eddie whimpered, pressing his leg into Lola's for comfort, "her eyes, man. It was like there was something, like inside her head, pulling. I didn't know what to do so I... I took Lola to the car and ran away. Just left her there."

"Is that true?" Max asked Lola, her face stone cold and solemn. 

Eddie looked to Lola desperately, so she took his hand in hers and nodded sharply, "It's true."

They all just stared. Eddie felt a lot more at ease with Lola's support but still, four pairs of eyes bored into them, trying to comprehend what he had told them. Lola felt his hands tensing up as he scoffed at their deadly silence, "you all think we're crazy, right?"

"No," Dustin shook his head, "we don't think you're crazy at all."

"Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." Eddie yelled. Lola felt his frustration, it was like they were in a glass box being psychiatrically examined, yet praise the lord it was a few kids from school and not the police.

"We're not bullshitting you." Said Max, the biggest mystery in the room to them being why Lola was in Eddie's trailer to begin with.

"We believe you." Said Robin.

Eddie shook his head, exhaling exasperatingly. "How could you possibly believe us?" Lola asked them, her eyes wide in anticipation.

"Look," Dustin sighed, "what I'm about to tell you both might be a little.. difficult to take."

"Okay." 

"You know how people say Hawkins is.. cursed? They're not... way off," he broke gently, "there's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie whispered, his eyes blinking rapidly.

"Or monsters?" Lola added.

"There are some things... worse than ghosts. Yeah, like monsters." Max said. Lola was confused at what possible things her own stepsister had hidden from her. It was impossible, they'd lived so close together under the same roof for so long.