Chapter 24: Spiraling Thoughts

"I think we should break up."

Those words echoed through my empty mind. Another tear was shed each time I remembered. It was all I could think about.

I tried to talk to Michael, but alas he would not listen. I poured my heart out in my words, I begged for him to hearken. He turned me away.

I was absolutely crushed. A part of my heart felt dark and broken. I didn't know what to do. Everything had happened so quick. One day, I was sitting at lunch with my amazing darling boyfriend and my best friends, and next I was lost.

Something was wrong. The Michael I knew would have listened to me. He would have never believed what Clementine had to say.

This wasn't the Michael I knew.

"Hey c'mon uh- he was a loser anyway."

I sat on the park bench with Whitney covered in tears, dirt, and dust.

"If he loved you, he would have listened to you." Whitney continued. "I mean, he didn't even give you a chance!"

I sighed and pathetically buried my face in your palms, not caring about the dirt. I appreciated Whitney's words, but they truly did not help. She was right.

"The old Michael would have listened..." I mumbled. Tears fell down my wrist and stained my sleeves.

"Exactly, I'm glad you noticed it too. There was definitely something different about him." Whitney squinted while she explored her curious thoughts.

"Whitney I don't really want to talk about Michael anymore..." I sniffled.

"Yeah, you're right." Whitney stood up and moved her hand infront of me, offering to help me up.

I took her hand and stood up.

"Probably had a small-"

"Whitney!" I cut her off.

She burst out into laughter as my face turned red.

"Okay okay! I'm done!.... did he though?"

I swiftly punched her in the arm as she continued to laugh.

"Ow! Haha!" She punches me back. "I'm still bruised from earlier, don't punch me!"

I laughed. "You're a good fighter y'know." We began to walk a bit down to the sidewalk.

"You are too, I'm definitely gonna be in a lot of pain tomorrow." She rubbed the side of her face. "Where are we going anyways?"

I stopped walking. "I don't know honestly." I wiped my face, which was still wet from crying.

Whitney stopped too and thought for a moment. "We could hang out at my house?"

"Oh, are you sure that's alright?" I asked.

I never even thought about being inside Whitney's house before. I did believe she was my worst enemy before about an hour ago.

"Yeah that's perfectly fine." She turned around and began running in the other direction. "Come on!"

I turned back and began running after her.

"Whitney! Wait up!" I yelled.

She laughed as I called to her.

I could fell the harsh November wind hitting my face and drying my tears. I felt sad and I knew it, but also... alone. Not in the relationship aspect, but in the world. Alone.

Michael was on my mind 24/7 before, now I didn't know what to do. It was a weird feeling. Not freeing but...lost. Michael had been so different recently everything felt fake. I was still going through great denial.

We eventually made it to Whitney's house. Once we made it to the door, it was opened and Whitney's mom stood infront of us.

"Is this your friend, Neya?" Her mother rested her hands on her hips. She had golden locks of curly hair that rested on her shiny face. She wore lots of makeup and dressed relatively fancy. "Goodness Whitney! You're all beat up and covered in filth!...wait... I recognize you." She squinted at me.

I held my hands nervously. "I-uhm.."

Suddenly, Whitney grabbed holdof my hand and dragged me past her mom. "We gotta go, mom!" She dragged me up the stairs as I tripped over my own feet.

Whitney shut the door to her room as we entered.

"Okay! What are we gonna do first?"

I stood in the center of her room and glanced around. The walls were painted white. She has stuffed animals, a pink desk, a record player, and cute little rug to match her bedspread. It was a very comforting place after being a bit shooken up by Whitney's mother.

"You like my room? I decorated it myself." Whitney walked past me and threw herself onto her bed. She laughed. I gently sat down on the bed next to her and giggled. I sniffled a bit as I still felt sad.

"Hey c'mon, I'll cheer you up." She sat up suddenly after noticing my sad expression.

She got off the bed and sat on the floor. She began to look under her bed until she pulled out a worn-out box.

"Can I paint your nails?"

I weakly smiled. "Sure." I got off the bed and went to sit on the ground with Whitney.

"Here, pick a color." Whitney got up and went over to her record player. She put on a song and I reconized the artist almost immediately.

"Ooh Madonna." I looked up.

"Yeah, have you picked a color yet?" Whitney sat back down.

I looked back in the box and picked up a few colors before finally picking one.

"Oooh that's a cute color." Whitney took the polish from me and shook it before twisting it open.

"Gimme your hand."

I put up and my hand hesitantly and Whitney grabbed it. She began painting it and focusing very carefully.

It was still weird to me how I was basically in my ex-enemy's house. I mean, this is the last house I ever thought I'd be in. I noticed how Whitney's nails were painted red.

Red. Hm.

That was Michael's favorite color.

My eyes welled up with tears quickly. My face changed into a saddened expression. I sniffled.

Whitney looked up and noticed I was crying, she slightly panicked.

"Whoa whoa hey, it's okay! Don't cry anymore!" She turned around and grabbed a tissue out of the box on her dresser. "You're too pretty to cry over that British bastard girlie." She handed me the tissue. I dried my tears.

"Thank you, Whitney." I squeaked.

She smiled and grabbed my hand again. "No problem" she began painting my nails again.

We talked about a bunch of random stuff going on in our lives. We also apologized to eachother for all the things that we did to one another. I'm glad we were able to laugh about it instead of holding grudges.

Whitney was actually pretty cool.

(SO SORRY FOR ANOTHER LATE CHAPTER, I CAUGHT THE FLU. SO I WAS WONDERING, WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS THINK IF I MADE A ENEMIES TO LOVERS MICHAEL AFTON X READER?)