✨6✨ : COMMITMENT (2)

-Orabuni... are you getting married?

Lily's querulous voice was present in those brief moments of silence that filled the room, while Basen continued with a blank expression.

Cale didn't know how to respond, things were getting even more complicated, his brothers could be exaggerating with the things he did and they would probably also make a fuss about it. A scandal was what Cale most wanted to avoid.

However, there was no point in lying if they had already heard it.

-Yes

He had to respond as quickly as possible to be able to explain the situation correctly and so-

- Basen!

Lily called her brother and held him, Basen looked like he wanted to pass out.

'Was I too direct?'

Cale realized that he had been insensitive when responding to Basen.

The Duchess went to give Basen some air while Lily helped him to his feet. The duke, after processing Cale's words, spoke.

-Cale... Do you want to accept this commitment?

Suddenly all eyes were directed towards Cale, waiting for an answer.Cale hadn't said whether he accepted or not, he just kept quiet until Lily and Basen interrupted. Cale responded.

-I...

BAMAnd for the second time he was interrupted again but this time by someone else.

-Human!

Raon had flung open the door while in his hands holding the video communication device, it glowed red.

-Human, the emperor is calling and Hans says that the food is ready

Cale tensed at Raon's words, the faces of the others present held back.

-Basen, Lily, go to the dining room-But!--This is an adult topic, we will end the conversation after lunch-...Yes mother

Basen and Lily complied and left the Duke's office with a confused Raon looking at them without knowing what they were talking about before entering.