Chapter Three

I open my eyes and stare at the piano below me, before looking up.

And as I do I see non other than Bradley, in the center of the room staring back at me with wide, almost wild eyes.

I smile at him. It's probably the biggest smile I've ever given anybody. I don't know how to describe this feeling but it's like millions of tiny fireworks are exploding in my body. The way he looks at me makes me feel like the only person in the room, and I can't get enough of it. My smile seems to shock him. He's never seen me look so... me. He meets my smile with one of his own. This one is different from the flirtation grin he usually gives me. This one is special, and I'll probably hold onto it like a picture in my mind forever. My whole body burns for him. I'm overwhelmed with the feeling of wanting to be near him. I want to run to him but my feet stay planted, entranced in the moment. This doesn't feel real. Like I'm seeing a memory. But I know i'm not dreaming. Even the cheers from the crown aren't enough to take my gaze away from his. That is until I feel a hand on my shoulder.

Spinning around, I meet the face of a stranger. He's tall, blonde, and currently sporting his uniform. His brows furrow, analyzing my face. I recognized him. I've served him before plus I saw him with Bradley a few times, but they didn't seem to get along.

"Have we met before?" I look at him curiously. I think for a second before answering, "I mean, I work here... Other than that, I don't think we have." He seems confused when I say that. "I swear I've seen you before. Who are your parents?" My eyes widen at that. Who is this? "Um my mom's name is Jillian Moore and my father's is Patrick, but i've never met him... Why is this important? Who are you?" I step away from the piano away from him. I'm beyond confused and at this point, a little creeped out. If this is this guy's idea of flirting, I don't want it. "Never mind... I must be confused. But my name is-"

"Hangman. What are you doing?" Bradley appears behind me, putting his hand on the small of my back, making me shiver. The crowd goes back to mingling as someone else takes a seat at the piano. "Just chatting with this lovely performer. What about it Bradshaw?" The tension between them could be cut with a knife. I look at Bradley and see his eyes glaring holes into Hangman's head. "Actually I was just leaving. Nice to meet you, Hangman." I say while turning on my heels and walking back to the bar. What was that?

"Elaine, are you okay? You seemed pretty uncomfortable back there." I turn to see Bradley had followed me. For some reason that makes my heart skip a beat. "Yeah... I'm fine though! Just a little confused. I don't think I like Hangman's version of flirting." I laugh and smile. This seems to make Bradley's shoulders relax. "Well if he bothers you again you come straight to me, you hear? I know from experience that he can be a big pain in the ass." I roll my eyes and chuckle, "Okay dad, I'll make sure to do that. But I can take care of myself." I try and walk behind the bar but he grabs my hand, pulling me towards him. "I mean it, Dove. I don't want him making you uncomfortable." I stare up at him, feeling our sudden closeness. My breath catches as the smell of his cologne hits my nose. It's a spicy and woodsy smell that overtakes my senses. We're only a few inches away. So close that the slightest push would have my face buried into his chest. He looks at me, waiting for me to answer but my nerves leave me unable to speak. My mind can only focus on is his hand holding mine.

All I can do is lean up and slowly kiss his cheek. Making sure to linger just long enough for him to want more. I pull away and squeeze his hand, "Thank you, Bradley." My face burns as I look at the floor. Oh my god I can't believe I just did that. It was like someone else was controlling my body. Who was this man turning me into? "Dove! The bar's filling up and I need some help." Just in time Penny. I nod to her before turning back to Bradley.

Before I can say anything he pulls me even closer. "What time do you get off?" My eyes widen. I don't think i've ever been so close to someone before. "At ten, so in about one hour. Why?" I stumble through the sentence, trying to focus on the conversation and not his lips that were mere centimeters away. "Would you like to do something after? We can do anything you want. I just... don't want to leave you yet." I look into his eyes and can feel myself falling for him all at once. "No place is going to be open," He smile falters as he looks away, thinking. "But, delivery pizza is just a call away. And my place has drinks." At this his smile brightens. He honestly looks like a kid meeting Santa. "I'll be waiting till you get off then." I bite my lip, trying to hide my smile. "Good." I turn and finally let go of his hand. I walk behind the bar but not without noticing him jump and punch his fist the air.