12

"What's taking them so long babe?" Luna was everything but patience and sitting on her van just outside LAX on a Wednesday night waiting for France and Timmy was hard enough when all she wanted was to walk out of her van and be the one to pick the youngest Cooper.

"Babe, you do realize that France was out for less than ten minutes now, right? Just wait there," Lexus eyed him through the rear-view mirror.

"But---"

"No buts Luna, I have to take this call," before she could say anything, Lexus was already speaking with someone else. Ever since Lexus became a lawyer, something in his aura changed, he became more intimidating and authoritative, it didn't really bother her much at first but now, it was getting annoying especially when he seems to be enjoying cutting her off every now and then.

"Pepper just tell her that I have an important appointment today," Lexus sounded pissed, something that Luna was not familiar with.

"I'll call you later. Just handle her for now," he ended the call, turned off his phone, and tossed it inside his compartment.

"Babe, everything okay?" Luna asked, wondering who dared to get under her best friend's skin, after all its not every day that Lexus losses his temper especially when she's around him or France for that matter.

"Just work, Luna, don't worry about it," Lexus replied sternly leaving her no room for discussion. Luna frowned in annoyance; she knows better that pry about things that includes Lexus work. It was complicated, and he didn't want her anywhere his world. A fact that he made clear years ago when he entered the law firm.

"They're here babe," he informed shortly as the sight of France walking alongside Timmy came into her view, but before France can open the door of the car for Timmy, Luna quickly grabbed it to snatch Timmy inside the car. Leaving a not-so-impressed France outside.

"Oh gosh Timmy, I missed you!" she exclaimed, snuggling the poor kid in her arms.

"Luna, I can't breathe!" Timmy complained making Luna pout as she let the kid out of her grasp.

"Can I come in now!?" France knocked furiously at their van's window which Lexus opened for him.

"Sorry babe," Luna kissed his cheeks in a hurry, ignoring his glare that was definitely aimed at her.

When everyone was already inside the van, Lexus starts to drive away before anyone can recognize them. The last thing the three of them wanted was for Timmy to be exposed to their adult world. If there is someone that they are more protective of, it was the youngest Cooper. They wanted Timmy to have a normal life, away from the spotlight that Luna was, plus the fact that they have the same surname could put them in a really awkward situation that none of them was too eager to be in.

"How's school buddy?" Luna asked eagerly, watching Timmy's ocean blue eyes twinkling against the small lights inside the car.

"We'll be going on a school trip next month after thanksgiving break, do you know where we going?"

"Where?" France chimed in, giving the child a yogurt drink from the mini fridge under their seat.

"We'll I think it's somewhere in Sta Ana and L.A, mom said I can go, but you know her, she's a worrywart,"

"Yeah, just don't tell her that, we don't want mom throwing us her famous glare," Luna replied cheekily, throwing Timmy a knowing look who giggled in response.

Timmy filled the silence inside the car with his animated stories about San Diego, a home that Luna misses dearly but was too scared to be back in, knowing that Toby's memories lingered heavily on every corner of their town.

"Oh right, mom said to call her once we've arrived at your place," Timmy informed them while munching on his ice cream. The four of them were inside France's studio, it was a place that France built from working as a handler for various models before he settled as Luna's manager while still running his small clothing business. The name of the store? It was called Stellar.

"How's mom?" Luna asked, she was feeling a bit guilty for not checking on Tyra because of her busy schedule. Taking a mental note to call her later that night.

"Uncle Morris and her will be going to Canada while I'm here," Timmy answered with a shrugged, taking another scoop of ice cream for the tub that was resting on one of France's tables. Luna smiled faintly, the thought of Tyra enjoying herself in Canada put her heart at ease, because after the woman went through for years, she deserves all the happiness that she could get. At least one of them has to.

"Let's go kiddos, the supplier will be here in a while and Fiona will handle everything for me, so let's go! I'm starving," France was already out of the boutique before anyone could say a word of protest, leaving his poor assistant who seems to be a minute away from throwing the rest of the tub of ice cream on his boss.

"Bye Fiona," Luna throw her an apologetic look that the brunette reciprocated with a slight nod.

"Are you sure she's going to be alright?" Lexus asked, a little worried about Fiona.

"She's going to be fine Babe, she's basically the owner of my shop you know?" Truth be told, France may be the owner and founder of Stellar, but it was Fiona who does most of the work. He can't run the shop full-time, because he has to be Luna's manager. That's why he hired someone who will manage the store for him, and that's when he found Fiona. 

"So where are we going?" Luna asked as soon as they enter the car.

"Wendy's!" Timmy exclaimed happily, making the three of them smile.

"Wendy's it is," Lexus started driving towards the nearest Wendy's.

They arrived at Wendy's a little after eight, Timmy was the one who volunteered to order for the rest of the crew since Luna can't go out of the van, out of fear that someone may recognized her. One of the downsides of being an actress. France went out with Timmy leaving Lexus and Luna in an awkward silence.

Lexus seems agitated and completely distracted, something that was completely out of his character. The sound of finger tapping furiously on the steering wheel filling the silence, and Luna doesn't like it one bit.

"Babe?" Luna called, but Lexus seems to be in deep thought, completely ignoring her.

"Alexus Peterson, can you stop tapping your fingers on the steering wheel?" she finally had enough, Luna can't bear the fact that Lexus was ignoring her and of course, him keeping stuffs from her.

"Sorry," he replied with a sigh, no arguments or any remarks, just a plain sorry that made Luna's eyebrows knitted in confusion. Something's definitely going on and Luna won't stop until she gets into the bottom of it.

"Delivery," Timmy and France came back just in time, holding three large paper bags and four large diet coke in hand. The crew started eating inside the van, letting Timmy do most of the talking. That's the thing about the youngest Cooper, he likes talking a lot. Not that any of them mind. Having Timmy around was like a breath of familiar air that the three of them crave in an unfamiliar world that they live in.

--

"I can't believe that we bought this claw machine for fun!" France beamed in disbelief; Luna can't help but giggling next to him. The claw machine came the following day. It was an impulsive purchase but who cares, Timmy wanted it, and so did she.

"Wow, you are so cool Luna!" the kid jumping around the makeshift playroom, his infectious energy reverberating inside the room and even Cheetos who was usually laying in a corner of the house was up and following Timmy around like a good boy. 

"I won Timothy!" Luna exclaimed, jumping in joy as she got another plushies out of the machine. 

"You're such a kid Luna," he commented but Luna just shrugged it off. She was enjoying herself for once, having Timmy around gives her the sense of peace that she needed every once in a while.

"Lunch's ready!" France announced as Luna and Timmy went off running happily toward the kitchen.

The three of them spend the rest of the day binge watching Marvel series, as they waited patiently for Lexus to come home and hang out with them. It was a rather peaceful day, and Luna needed all the peace that she could get, before she returned back to her loud and chaotic world.