Moments Of Freedom | 7

You, Aether, Paimon and Diluc had met up outside the Tavern Diluc owned, planning to attend the festival as a small group

You, Aether, Paimon and Diluc had met up outside the Tavern Diluc owned, planning to attend the festival as a small group. In the last few days, you kept yourself inside Mondstadt walls on the down low, deciding to keep safe except after evening broke and you would find Diluc for your daily destruction of monsters. A habit that was quickly becoming normal for you both.

Whilst your group walked slowly and admired all the decorations, chatting away, Jean, Kaeya and other Knights of Favonious were set on high alert, suspicious of everything. Jean wanted not just you to be safe but all of Mondstadt, which is why guards were patrolling all around, making sure of the safety of Mondstadt people. Then there was Venti, who had stated he would watch within the winds, any sign of trouble and he would be there quicker than a gust of wind.

As beautiful and eye-catching as the decor around was, your mind couldn't stop thinking of Zhongli, you had to bring him up to the one person you thought might have a chance of knowing him. "Does he sound familiar to you at all?" You questioned Aether and Paimon, eyes full of hope.

You knew the Traveler and his companion spent much time in each area of Teyvat, gaining knowledge and power that you wished to seek. You hoped he had come across the person you dreamt of, the man Venti named: Zhongli.

Aether could see in your eyes the need you were filled with, he compared it to his own when it came to his sister.

"Paimon knows Zhongli!"

Paimon announced before Aether could open his mouth to answer you, a common occurrence with the floating girl. You felt happiness spread within your being, a lead to your past lighting up.

"Zhongli lives in Liyue." Aether filled in next. "He is a consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. We have met him quite a few times, he's a very...knowledgable man."

"Paimon thinks it's a bad idea to go to Liyue! Paimon knows that's what you're thinking!"

Paimon was right. This was the first lead you had since you even forgot your past and sure as Barbatos you would not let it escape your grasp. You needed to unlock your memories and this amber-eyed man must be someone who could help you, why else would he be so prominent in your mind?

A flash of blue eyes filtered into your mind but you pushed the eyes aside.

"Paimon is right. If the man who is after you is Childe, Liyue is not where you should be going right now as that's where he was residing the last time we met him."

Paimon nodded in agreement with Aether.

"You will be safer here, with us," Diluc crossed his arms. "It's better to stick in a group in times like these. Even with how well you fight, sometimes the enemy can get the upper hand and that's when you need someone who has your back. I will be that person, and so will Aether."