Suspicion | 18

An awkward silence weighed heavy among the three men who sat across from each other. Two, Diluc and Childe, threw glares at each other from time to time or disapproving eye rolls whilst Aether felt himself cave in. This situation was clearly out of his control and he felt incredibly uncomfortable to be in the same room as them--or more so the feelings that were being physically displayed.

Aether had quickly explained the misunderstanding Diluc had seen when Childe was with you which had made Diluc feel both more awkward, but also angry that Childe was close with you and not an enemy.

Aether placed his hands on the arms of the chair he sat into rising, planning to escape this situation but was quickly stopped.

"Sit," Childe's eyes fell onto the blonde, "if you leave I might kill him instead of knocking him out."

"Aren't you being...childish?" Aether groaned as he fell back in his seat, folding his arms. He would suffer this until he knew you were fine after resting. Afterwards, well, he would plan his next adventure--next steps to find his sister.

"Not at all." The ginger turned his gaze back to Diluc, eyes falling back into a narrowed dissatisfied look. "This guy thinks he has a chance with my gi--" he coughed, "my best friend. His eyes are dark with intentions whenever he looks at her. I won't allow it."

"'Dark with intentions'?" Diluc leaned forward as he mocked Childe. "You're one to talk. What are a Harbinger's intentions?"

"None of your business."

Diluc huffed, "you're worse than my brother."

"Diluc, Kaeya annoys you because you're his brother." Aether laughed, "you can't compare both to one another."

"Kaeya...?" Childe raised his brows, the name familiar in his mind. Where had he heard that name?

"'None of your business'." Diluc frowned at Childe's interest, crossing his arms. "You act as if you've heard of him."

"Hmm," Childe closed his eyes for a moment, searching his memories. "I...have. Who mentioned a 'Kaeya'--ah, yes, Y/N."

Aether muttered something under his breath.

"Kaeya provoked Y/N on purpose. I have a quarrel with him."

"I dealt with it."

"What?"

Diluc stood, sighing as he looked off in the direction of your room. "She nearly killed him, my brother."

"Oh--" Aether gasped to himself, his surprise loud. He almost felt he shouldn't hear this.

"I'm not surprised," Childe spoke, not a spot of shock in his voice. "Y/N's anger is...her anger leads her down a dark path."

"Kaeya sent her over the edge, I am aware of this fact. He has always been one to push and push, but I didn't expect him to do it to Y/N--for what reason? I didn't know she became like that, so for him to create such a fuss--like he knew what he was doing, it was...bizarre."

"You think Kaeya is up to something?" Aether questioned, his earlier shock having died off, now concern taking over.

"He's always up to something." Diluc looked over to the blonde, his gaze hard. "But something is different. Gunning for someone so hard so soon after meeting them? He may be my brother, but it doesn't stop my suspicion."

"What could your brother want with Y/N?" Childe grumbled. "Why would he unleash her anger? How does he know? Only a few do...the Harbingers and the Tsaritsa."