Prologue

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded

Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late

You found me, you found me
Why'd you have to wait
To find me? To find me

***

"I am not impulsive."

"What makes you say that?" She asked, her voice was so calm, her movements so poised. She was so calm, collected, confident and beautiful.

A cynical laugh left his mouth. She clutched her notepad tighter and clicked her pen, watching him. Just his body language told her so much. His arms were spread wide across the back of the couch. He sat there as if he owned the place. He wore grey sweats and a black tshirt, it seemed like he had just woken up. And he woke up beautiful, she realised. His legs were spread wide. And his eyes held unnerving depth.

"If I acted on impulse, I would have had you by now." He grinned. There was a sardonic glint in those pools of his eyes.

"What makes you think I would agree... to be had by you?" She asked, amused. His words and his behaviour didn't surprise her or take her back. She was just making note for every single action and behaviour of his in her mind. He shrugged.

"You wanting to have me, it's your subconscious driving you to have such an unethical desire. And you're letting that subconscious define your behaviour. Because you live on your impulses." She said with confidence. He let out a shaky breath, staring at her. She stared back. She wasn't scared of him. Hell no.

"I haven't seen you write a single thing." He smirked, trying to change the subject. She wanted to slap it off of his face. But that was her unprofessional annoyance speaking. This man, he was arrogant. He was insane.

"You're seeing wrong. I'll give you your reports... along with my diagnosis by 6pm today. Thank you for joining me today, Aryan." She grinned, standing up onto her feet.

"You're always welcome in my room." He rasped, his forefinger and thumb rubbed across his lips and he looked at her so intensely, it made her almost cower. Almost. She was too strong to be effected by him, however.

"I'll see you in your ward. Yes." She nodded. And she watched as his eyes became blank. His face hardened and his fists clenched. The charming flirt of a man - his behaviour shifted. His unconscious mind was taking over. She noted every movement of his. Clear indications of his disorder.

Patient Name: Aryan Singh Yuvraj
Therapist Assigned: Kainat Kurian
Diagnosis: Dissociative Identity Disorder

***

This is to claim that this piece of fictional writing belongs to the Wattpad user, @yallsuckas under the protection provided by the app.

All persons in the book are fictitious in nature. I gain no profits from this work and it is for entertainment purposes only.