3 - Ingress - The Admission

Ingress - The Admission
Chapter Three

The world has so many stories for the ears that wanted to hear. The stories of ghosts and beasts. Fear and fright was a thrill for those who didn't know what it felt like to feel that fear and fright in very veins of your body. Ghosts and beasts, they were hardly frightening before the darkness men possessed. It was the humans, they are the most frightening.

There was a six year old boy, adorable and sweet, dressed in a pair of blue shorts and a red tshirt. He sat on the floor and watched as his toy train went on the little rail tracks he had set up. He heard the ringing sound of gates open. He got up quickly and rushed to his window, the sound of his father's car driving in through the gates filled him with excitement. His parents were home.

"Baba.... Aajau... Khaana lagadiya hai!" His nanny called for him.

No. He wanted to eat with his mummy and papa. He hadn't seen them in days. He shook his head and grinned, watching eagerly out the window. That red car was his favourite. Not everyone had cars in those late 1980s. His papa was so cool. It was so late in the night. That red car was still so bright in that dark and empty street.

But darkness brought forth fright, didn't it?

****

Aryan jerked awake. His body was drenched in sweat. He breathed deeply and looked around. The soft buzzing sound of the plane so high up in the air was rendering him restless. He grabbed his bag and pulled his vape pen out.

"Aryan! That's not allowed." Suraj hissed from next to him.

"Shut the hell up." He spat, getting up with the vape pen and walked into the bathroom. He pulled the shutter up and looked out the window. There was nothing but the luminous bed of clouds around the plane. He turned it on, placing one arm on the wall and put the drip tip of the vape pen into his mouth and pressed down on the button. His body was writting with a desire to absolutely plummet his fist into the wall of the plane. He had no idea what that dream he saw was. He couldn't even remember it honestly.

He didn't even know what he was doing on this flight. He didn't know where they were going. He woke up on a flight, right after that awful memory he had. He calmed his nerves down by smoking that vape. He walked back out after a while.

"Where are we going?" He asked Suraj, kicking his leg up over the other.

"Back to India. You had a book signing in Australia..." Suraj trailed off. He was habituating himself to this.

"Oh..." He frowned.

"Aryan..."

"Why do you keep calling me that? You want me to punch fucking hole into that window and Chuck you out?" He growled at Suraj.

"Y... Yuvraj..." Suraj gulped, wiping his face away from the sweat that came with stress.

"So... Abhi hum Mumbai nahi jaa rahe hai. We're going to Mangalore..." He told him hesitantly.

"Why?"

"Business..." He shrugged.

"Whatever." Aryan... Yuvraj scoffed, grabbing his notebook. That was one thing - he didn't type like the authors did nowadays, he hand wrote his books. And then paid a typist to type them out. It was ratty old leather diary and an expensive pen, very antique. He began reading through what he had written again. Suraj watched his actions and reactions. That diary, that story; it held Aryan Singh Yuvraj's trigger. It was like a gun ready to fire. And Suraj knew, he had to protect that diary from getting into wrong hands. Suraj owed Aryan alot, way too much. And he would spend the rest of his life repaying him.