(Ch 1.) Volunteer work

"C'mon (Y/N) c'mon!!" Your little sister cried out as she tugged on your arm, urging you towards the bright lights and toys.

"Okay, okay! Let go of my arm, you're gonna yank it off!" You tell her while laughing at her eagerness.

You've been tasked by your mom to bring your little sister, Iris, to the daycare while she went out shopping with a friend. You, of course, obliged remembering how last time you tried to hang out with mom and her friend, you ended up waiting hours upon hours for them to finally part. Only to be met with even more hours of waiting and embarrassment upon them discovering old baby photos of you. Yeah, not doing that again..

You and Iris eventually came upon a brightly colored tube slide labeled "SLIDE INTO FUN" with multiple arrows pointing towards the entrance of the slide. "Yeah, not shady at all."  You thought as you positioned Iris into the opening of the long dark tube.

"Okay, on the count of three, I push!" You informed your little sister as you started the countdown. "1... 2... 3!!- ..Huh..?" You felt Iris' hands grab onto your sleeve, preventing her from sliding down. You knelt down on your knees next to her and said, "Hey girl, you're supposed to let go on 3 you know."

"O- oh, uhm.. yeah, I know but.." She started, but didn't finish, seeming uncomfortable. "You want me to go down with you, don't you?" You asked with a smile and a sigh upon seeing her meekly shake her head up and down, a light rose tint appearing on her cheeks and ears out of embarrassment. You chuckle a bit as she stands up and latches onto your pants, waiting for you to position yourself correctly for her to then take a seat on your lap.

"Ok Iris, here we go!" You exclaim as you push both you and your sister down the slide. Surprisingly, you both slid quite quickly, which was unexpected due to the slide being made for kids much lighter than you. But you brushed it off and enjoyed the ride you knew you'd probably never get to experience again.

Upon reaching the bottom, you both fall out of the end of the slide and into a ball pit, which seemed to be about 3-4 feet high. You stand up and look around for your little sister, spotting her (H/C) locks popping out of the mass of colorful plastic spheres. You wade over to her and reach your hands under the balls, grabbing her by her arm pits, and yanking her out of the rainbow and into your arms. You could hear her giggling and laughing next to your ear as you strategically dodged kids already in the ball pit, heading over to solid land.

Once you and Iris got up onto the side of the ball pit, you took her hand in yours and looked around to find the entry desk. You then realized just how fun and colorful the place looked. Slides, tubes, rainbows, and oh so many fun toys in every direction, truly a child's paradise. But you had just recently turned 19 a couple months ago, so sadly, you didn't think you were qualified to play on any of the jungle gym sets, not that you'd be able to fit anyway.

Your sister almost shouted in your ear, struggling to escape your grasp, "Oh my goodness, Oh My Goodness, OH MY GOODNESS (Y/N)!! Can we go play with the toys?? Please, please, please!!!" You held firmly onto her hand, making sure to not lose her in the huge kid-filled maze that was the daycare.

"Goodness Iris, contain yourself." You chuckled, starting towards one of the few adults residing in the daycare. "Let's get signed in first before we go making a mess of things, okay?"

"okay.." Iris uttered as she slowly trudged behind you, her disappointment very evident in her body language. "How long is this gonna taaaaaake?" She questions looking up at you. "Omg calm down drama queen, we haven't even gotten to the desk yet." You replied, deciding to pick her up. "I promise I'll try to be as quick as I can." This seemed to lighten up her mood, because after hearing that, a huge smile made its home on her face as she giggled and looked around in awe.