(Ch. 2) Brief

You stood just outside the Mega Pizzaplex doors with your bag. Inside was your phone, wallet, hair ties, and a lock that the company had you bring, for some reason. Standing there, you wondered if you should really enter or not. You know that you could just get back in your car and drive back home, but you would most-likely get a lawsuit if you did that just because of the stupid contract. But.. was it really worth risking your life?

Then you realized you probably looked really weird just standing there, so you just decided to walk straight into the Pizzaplex to avoid suspicion.

After asking the bot at the front desk for directions, you made your way over to the daycare, slowly but surely. You didn't really know what to think about the daycare attendant at this point. Yeah the articles stated that this chain has had a history of killing people, but this animatronic didn't seem that bad.. right?

While on your way there, you spot a big animated poster on the wall, showcasing the daycare attendant with a candy in his hands, and the word "Sundrop" appearing across the screen. Right, that was his name, you had totally forgotten what it was after leaving the Pizzaplex the day before. Strangely, this version of him has two, bright blue eyes instead of just being all white like the one you encountered yesterday.

Not long after you find a similar animated poster, this time showcasing a moon-themed animatronic, who you assumed to be the sun's counterpart. It had a cooler color theme, an old-fashioned nightcap decorated with yellow stars against blue instead of sunrays, and had its hands clasped together, with it's head resting on top, seemingly portraying sleep. Instead of Sundrop, the name "Moondrop" was displayed on the screen. "Wow, this company is real creative with their names." You thought after glancing at it as you walked.

Flashbacks of the jester's devious wink flash across your mind as you come upon the entrance for the daycare. It was two big wooden doors, or at least wooden looking, they were surprisingly easy to push open. You feel around the wall for a light-switch to flick on, and you almost swear you could hear a distant hissing after doing so, but you don't think much of it, probably some generator running somewhere. Finally, you step into the daycare. You don't know why, but you half-expected to see children running around making a mess, just like you had witnessed the day before.

Of course, since you had come an hour before the Pizzapplex opened for your brief, there were no children. The place was completely empty and clean, pristine even. Unusual for a place that hosts kids, but fit for a company as professional as Fazbear's Entertainment. 

"Hello?" You call out into the large empty room, your yells bouncing off the walls and back to you. "Is anyone here? I was told I'd be getting a brief on how to work this job?" You slowly tread further into the daycare, watching for any form of life. "Hello?"

No response.

You walk over to the security desk to find an Ipad with brown and blue ears at the corners, and a cute little black hat at the top, decorated with a blue ribbon. Anyone would recognize these as Freddy Fazbear's most commonly known traits.

Picking it up you see a big triangle in the middle of the screen, a play button. You click on it and a video starts playing.

"Hello new employee! Thank you for choosing to volunteer your time and dedication to Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex Superstar Daycare! There are many tasks that need to be finished in this job, including but not limited to; Keeping the children entertained during playtime, making sure the children are quiet during naptime, checking in and out each child at the front desk as they enter and leave the daycare, cleaning up the daycare at the end of the day, stocking the shelves in the storage unit of the daycare, keeping the daycare attendant clean and fresh for the kids, and more!-"

Yeesh, looks like your work was cut out for you. No wonder they're giving you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you stay the whole day that is, being a volunteer, they gave you the ability to choose your hours.

The rest of the video is just instructions on how to do certain tasks, tips on ways to deal with children, where the first-aid kit is in case of emergencies, and where to find your "Fazwatch" for what seems to be a map, a way of sending in complaints, access to security cameras, and a quick way to message and interact with the daycare attendant. You feel shivers go down your back at the thought of what horrible things that animatronic could do to you should you end up like those poor children in the old newspaper articles.

But you just brush off the feeling and continue on. Putting the ipad down, you look in the employee's only room for your fazwatch. You find it in a locker with your name written in black sharpie on a torn piece of blue tape. After locking it comfortably around your wrist, you see that your fazwatch was styled very similarly to the ipad, adorned with the same cute little ears and hat.

Looking back into the locker you see a brightly colored duffel bag. Inside you find a pile of neatly folded clothes, seeming to be your uniform as it was dressed with stripes, stars, and bells, similar to both of the daycare attendant's wardrobes, as seen on the posters earlier. After changing into the clothes you just found (which were surprisingly a perfect fit), you look around the daycare to see if anyone else is there. They couldn't have given you just a video to explain how to do this, right? "I know this place is mostly run by bots, hell, even the front desk of this place is run by a bot, but they have to have at least one person help me get situated, right?" you thought to yourself, setting your belongings into the locker and closing it up with the lock you brought. 

You step back out into the daycare and feel sudden chills, as if you were now being watched. You take a deep breath, steadying your nerves. It's gonna be ok, it's gonna be fine. No one's gonna hurt you. All you have to do is play with the kids! You love playing with kids!

You walk over to the security desk and take a seat, a post-it note has been left stating your tasks for today. Nothing much, just take care of the children, make sure they don't get hurt. It seems they decided to ease you into the work, which you were eternally grateful for. At the bottom of the post-it note was something akin to a signature. It was simply the word "Sun" with two dots over the "u" resembling a smiley face.

You chuckle to yourself, "Awe, cute signature." you say out loud, taking out your phone to snap a quick pic.

"Why thank you! Came up with it myself!" A voice suddenly says from behind you, making your hair stand on its ends.

Oh shit, he's here.

oooh my godddd im SO SORRY the second part took so long!! ive been experiencing INSANE writers block :'(

Also im very sorry that these chapters are going by so slow, i just dont wanna rush into the romance too quickly. Im a slow burn writer, sorry

hope you like the second chapter! i was originally gonna write more but then i hit 1000 words and decided i should just end the chapter here, don't want them to be too long. so yeah, you'll get Sunny next chapter :)

words total: 1294