i. family things

01. FAMILY THINGS !

Buenos dias, mamí,” a silvery voice reached the woman's ears as Jewel repeatedly kissed her mother's cheek lovingly with a smile, “You are looking very lovely today!”

“I've known Jewel Fisher for as long as I can remember. And let me tell you, she's a total momma's girl and owns it like it's a grand prize for her. It wasn't surprising whenever she was with Susannah since they both are the closest out of the Fisher family. And I can tell that Susannah loves every bit of it. Mother and dughter duo, am i right?

Susannah laughs when Jewel pulled her up from her chair, twirling the woman as they playfully danced in their dinning room.

Their smiles never left their faces, and only Susannah's had widened moreso at her daughter's barrage of morning compliments. “Truly — Absolutely breathtaking, mamí.” Jewel beams before gently setting her down back to her seat, leaving the woman to laugh with a smile brighter than anyone had ever seen before, “You're gonna have eyes on you this summer. Boy, girl, whatever or whoever they are — and I'll be your little wing-woman if you want.”

Jewel wiggled her eyebrows, suggestive, and had Susannah laugh at her only daughter's words. She never expected it from her, but hey, it's Jewel they were talking about.

“What? No!” Susannah denies immediately, cupping her daughter's cheeks lovingly while Jewel could only stare at her mother with nothing but full of love and gentleness, “I'm too old for those things. And besides, I should be there for you when all the boys and girls have their eyes on you... If, you want to change the look.”

She raised her brows, eyes daring and Jewel playfully huffed with a grin, her own eyes sparkling but with a hint of seriousness behind them.

“You barely look like you're in your thirty's — you're not old — and don't even look like you're old, mamí,” the brunette rolled her eyes with playful exasperation, holding her mother's hands softly, “And I am not gonna change my look — they all dig my style anyway.”

“What style?” a scoff came behind her, and Jewel turned around to meet the disbelieving younger brother of hers, Jeremiah, “All I see is a young adult woman wearing sweats and tees.”

Jewel merely waved him off, “It's all about the simplicity of it, Jerry.” she said, scrunching her nose up in a teasing manner in his direction.

“In the summer?”

“You boys are the same — why can't us girls do it too?” the girl countered, raising a brow at him whole Jeremiah only scoffed, a smile creeping up its way onto his face as he raised his arms in defense.

“Alright, sure, you have a point there, Jules.” he 'admits', lowering his arms and gesturing for a hug. Which she did, yelping and laughing as the taller sibling spun her in the air.

“When it comes to her siblings, well... Jewel was the closest to Jeremiah out of her two brothers. Sure, she loves them both equally, but Jeremiah will always — and I mean always, have a soft spot in her heart.”

“Alright, okay — that's enough, you two,” Susannah cuts in as Jeremiah lowered his sister, the siblings turning to their mother who was talking to the middle child, Conrad Fisher.