Reaching Out part 1

"You mean to tell me that you want to try and change mom?"

Odwin nodded vigorously to Amity's question before she burst out into laughter.

"That's a great joke." Said Amity before noticing that Odwin wasn't laughing. "Wait, you're serious?"

"Well...she did do some good recently. Like getting us the palistrom and believing that the coven sigil was going to kill me." Said Odwin with an awkward smile.

"The sigil SHE gave you and she only believed it because we brought back the messed up arm." Exclaimed Amity angry before turning to Odwin's arm. "By the way, how's your new arm. Dad helped you make it, right?"

Odwin held up his new arm and stared at it. It was completely metallic on the outside, having the same color as the abomaton's metal, and all the abomination goo was inside as muscle and other tissues that would help with motion. It was done this way to prevent others from using abomination magic from messing with the arm.

"It feels like a crutch since i can't use magic with it." Said Odwin dejectedly as his shoulders slumped down. "I wish i was that red haired swordsman with round glasses and a phoenix sword who can do with just injecting magic into the arm. At least HIS prosthetic arm works like he wants!"

Amity stared at her brother in confusion before Odwin cleared his throat and elaborated.

"I saw it in a dream. Point is, it feels worse than my arm with the sigil." Said Odwin with a frown.

"All the more reason to stay away from that banshee." Said Amity in a stern tone. "Got it?"

Odwin dejectedly nodded before Amity gave him a nod of her own.

"Now, there's something important i have to talk to you about. Something VERY important." Said Amity in a serious tone, getting Odwin complete attention. "I'm going to compete in the Bonesborough brawl."

Odwin went silent upon hearing this information, it was even a bit concerning for Amity before Odwin replied.

"That's it?" Asked Odwin in confusion.

"You're not surprised?"

"Have you seen everything that happened in the last few months? I think I've seen enough surprising things to last a lifetime."

Amity paused before completely agreeing with her twin.

xxXxx

"A bet, you say?" Asked Odalia raising a brow.

Odwin, of course, ignored all of Amity's advice on staying away from their mother. He never watched so far in the show to know the fate of his mother, but from what he saw when she let him keep his blue eyes, he could kinda probably maybe sorta possibly change her for the better. He really wasn't sure of this, but it worked with Ed and Em and his dad.

And this time, he had a plan.

"Yes." Said Odwin sheepishly as she sat in a chair across from his mother. "I want us to have a bonding day."

"Didn't we already have one of those?" Asked Odalia raising a brow with a frown.

"Yeah, but that was with Dad." Said Odwin with an awkward smile.

"You know that disappointing level of acting won't fool me. What are you really planning?" Asked Odalia as she glared at Odwin.

Odwin sighed and displayed a frown for Odalia to see. "I want to change you."