Chapter One // :)

word count: 1,574

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit. she thought as she checked the time on her alarm clock that came to read 7:30 AM, on the dot. If Y/N didn't hurry in the next 20 minutes, she wouldn't be able to hitch a ride with Steve for school. So, in the remaining energy she got from 7 hours of sleep, she sprung off her bed looked through her long wardrobe of clothes, and went through the basics of what she thought would be morally appropriate and to look nice without putting too much effort; a modest jean skirt with a navy blue striped top, a white cardigan and some dirty high tops she's had for a couple of years. The most comfortable shoe Y/N ever bought.

Y/n rushed into her bathroom looking at herself in the mirror running her hands through her h/t h/c hair until she picked up her hairbrush, grabbing a maroon grey hair tie as doing so for y/n could use it to put up her hair. It's not perfect but hell, if it was I wouldn't be human. She then picked up her school bag that was left by her nightstand and grabbed a hairpin to make her outfit more exciting to the naked eye, like she cared. "I don't know how many times I have to remind you y/n, get your shit together and get in the car. I'm not a chauffeur!!" Her half-brother yelled from downstairs as she rolled her eyes. (A fair response to being scolded), as she opened the door outside of her room, down the stairs, ran past the kitchen, and then out the bigger set of double doors to discover the unfriendly gaze of Steve tapping his hand on the dashboard and looking from the wheel to her. Are you looking for an invitation?" "Actually I do need one."

"See you later. Just a reminder; you wake up 20 minutes before we leave ill generously leave you at home for you to either get another ride or walk by yourself. Spaghetti's in the fridge." God damn Steve always had to act like your fucking mom. "Yes, mother." Y/N assured him in a bratty tone. "And tell your bitch ass boyfriend to bring you home by 9. I know you have cheer practice with the basketball team." He sneered and almost drove out of the parking lot as you spat, "right. tell Nancy I said hi as well." Y/n rolled her eyes as she hurried onto the concrete grounds of the school.

He's such an asshole. Her pace quickened as she saw Michael Wheeler open the door to the front of the school. "Hey, wheeler!" Y/n hollered towards him being feet away. "Hey Harrington, haven't seen you in a while. How's Steve?" Mike asked curiously. "A huge bitch as always, same old same old." She shrugged as he held the door for both to go in. Her feet dragged along to her locker as Mike trailed behind, going off about his life, hearing the obvious excitement from his words because of his new relationship with Jane Hopper. (One of Y/N's friends on the cheer team.) "That's very nice." She looked towards him seeing a shirt she would wear, but couldn't. By the way, I like your shirt." She exclaimed, (well shit that was out of pocket). "Oh. Thanks! It's for my D&D club. Eddie Munson designed it. He's kinda the leader of it and shit. So if you want one make sure to ask him." Mike smiled at her. Y/N raised her brow, "Wow, must've taken a lot of effort for one person." "I agree, especially with the shipping. The whole process really." Mike then broke eye contact. "Anyway, I got to go check in with something. REALLY important. See you in study hall." Wheeler turned around and waved goodbye to her. That was nice.

The morning then became very lively for her, she now had 3rd-period math. With her boyfriend. A mood killer. It was so fucking exhausting for Y/N to see even see Jason. At this point, Y/N didn't genuinely know why she was dating him, (due to the fact of her father's overwhelming pressure to be 'the best woman she can become' which she continually used as a reply she would give to her best friend Robin Buckley.) He'd be all nice and lovey-dovey, and then pushy & aggressive the next. Not a nice guy, and obviously just dating him for the popularity points. Annoying for anyone to deal with in all fairness. So, right as the 3rd-period bell rang for the passing period, she avoided the short route and instead went the way the drama and art kids went. Y/N knew she'd be late but it's better than seeing Jason and his friends being basically parked in front of her waiting for a girl like her to exchange 'important' sexual questions. Immature.