𝟷.𝟷 𝚃𝙻𝚃 ― 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙥 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙛-𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙

∴ ════════ ∴

3RD P.O.V.

The Galinski family was standing at the base of Half-Blood Hill, the camp's border shimmering with a barely noticeable shield. The sky was overcast, with the scent of rain in the air and distant rumbling. A light breeze blew through and ruffled the needles on Thalia's tree. Tessa looked above nervously, unable to keep thoughts of her dreams from coming to mind as thunder boomed once again.

Tara moved forward and wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter, moving one of her hands up to stroke Tessa's curls. Sean stepped forward and pulled his wife and daughter into a tight hug, leaning his head on Tara's. Ezra grumbled but still wrapped his own arms around his sister's waist, with the twins gripping onto everyone's legs.

Bryce watched the family with a sad smile. Tara looked over at him and freed one of her arms to hold out towards him. Tessa noticed, and did the same with hers. He hesitated but after a moment stepped forward and joined the group hug, wrapping his arms around the girls, holding them tightly.

The group broke apart and Tara gripped her daughter's shoulders tightly, holding her at arms length. Tara's eyes and smile were nervous. Tessa knew what was on her mother's mind and smiled reassuringly, moving to rest her hands on her mother's arms, rubbing gently. She kissed Tara on the cheek then moved to kiss her siblings' heads before picking up her bag.

"Don't worry, Mom! It's just another summer." Tessa assured her mother. She waved goodbye and Bryce slung his arm over her shoulders, turning her around as they started up the hill.

∴ ═══ ∴

After giving out hugs and trinkets she had collected as gifts to all of her siblings in Hermes' cabin, and greeting all the new unsorted demigods; Tessa set out on a mission to find a certain curly haired blonde. She was so excited to see Annabeth for the first time since last year, that her body started vibrating, and she had to hold herself back from speeding to every corner of camp, knowing she'd definitely injure herself by crashing through everything in the process. Tessa spotted her over by the Lake, polishing what looked to be a practice sword.

As she approached, Annabeth stood and grabbed another small blade off the ground to polish next, but still hadn't turned around. Tessa was about to reach out and touch her shoulder when Annabeth whirled at an alarming speed and grabbed Tessa's arm, pulling and throwing her over her shoulder onto the ground before she could even process what had happened.

Tessa groaned from her position on the ground and startled at the sight of Annabeth standing over her, still holding her blade.

"Nia?!"

"I don't know, will you throw me again if I say, 'yes'?" Tessa groaned again and sat up, with Annabeth quickly setting down her blade and offering her a hand. When Tessa was standing straight, Annabeth had a sheepish smile on her face, her gray eyes bright with excitement

"Sorry. You have to admit though, that was a pretty good move."

Tessa laughed as she pulled Annabeth into a warm hug, moving her face into her friend's thick hair. "I'd expect nothing less from you, Beth."