chapter 1

Y/ns pov
1978 August 4th
Dear diary, today I'm going to hang out with Gwen we're not really gonna do anything just walk around till we get tired then we'll go back to my house and watch a scary movie her dad doesn't let her watch scary movies.

"Y/n your friend is here!" My mom called from the living room.

I rushed down the hallway towards the door almost falling from my socks gliding on the hard tile loor.

"Hey, y/n you better not hang out with Vance, I'm telling you he's no good"

"Don't worry papa I wont!" I said leaving the house.

Time skip
Me and Gwen decided to go to the convenience store. Many people are there as always people always hang out there after school and on Saturdays. Among the many people I seen Vance, he was next to the window playing his favorite game.

"Isn't that vance? You should talk to him, I never see you guys talking anymore"

"Yeah and there's a reason why"

"Why, tell me pleaseeee I won't tell anybody"

"Suree I know you'll tell Finney as soon as you get home"

"I won't this time I promise"

"I'll tell you after we get some candy" we walked through the doors heading towards the candy in the back

"Where are the pop rocks?" Gwen said

"Over here by the drinks" just as I was about to reach for the pop rocks someone fell at my feet. I looked up to see Vance he wasn't paying attention to me at all, All of his attention was on the guy he was currently punching. His lip was busted. at this point he might have a broken nose.

"Vance stop" I pulled him off of the guy still on the ground. "Stay out of this y/n" he went back to beating the shit out of him. What did he even do?