last day?

I placed my hand on the doorhandle to the daycare and bit my lip out of a consistent nervous habit.
Today was going to be my last day working at the daycare- which wasnt even my most pressing issue currently. I didnt even have time to be sad about that, i was just so fucking worried.

Just how in the hell was i supposed to tell that to sun and moon?! I had waited so long to tell them since i couldn't manage to muster up the courage with how cowardly i am and now im just bombing them with this on my last day.

I couldnt help but tighten my grip on the handle. What will they even say? God what if theyre mad at me..
I tried to imagine their reaction but i just kept coming up with suns default gaze. A blank expression that still held a welcoming grin. Or maybe the upset frown he gives when kids push down the blocks he just stacked? sun didnt get mad, or sad, right? Just.. upset?

I shouldve drank a coffee before work, this thinking was tearing my head apart. I lost sleep over this pickle i got myself into and now its 5am, the day of the result. Guess ill just have to find out.

I ran a hand though my hair and sucked in a breath before walking through the door with a slightly strained smile. The daycare was as it typically is,dimly lit with only a few bright lights on in the childrens play area.

I had arrived about 30 minutes earlier than normal, mainly to buy more with sun and moon on my last day- but also to give myself more time for me to tell them the news in case I had any trouble.

I knew they would indefinately be upset about me leaving so soon. Id only been here for a few months, and even though they were robots- i knew theyd miss me. 
Sun and moon seemed to be more capable of human emotions than humans sometimes. Things like trust, anxiety, confusion, they showed it so often. And they seemingly got attached incredibly easily. They were always so caring and loving. always keeping a close distance. Especially protective over me when i do tasks. even if i clearly wasnt one of the children. Maybe that was just apart of their programing, or some sort of miscalculation in coding?
Either way it made this particular moment feel very difficult.

Stepping through the one unlocked door of the two, it took my eyes a second to adjust to the dim lighting. I was about to walk to the alternative entrance but jumped in suprise at seeing sun peering at me from inside the slide leading to the ballpit. He looked just as suprised as i was to meet. His animatronic face which typically held a smile had shifted into a face of pleased shock.
"Y/N!" He said my name with such joy everytime he saw me, but this time seemed to have a pinch extra which only added to my preexisting guilt. maybe i was just imagining things?
I was about to greet him but with inhuman speed he leaped twords me to greet me. His metal arms thinly coated with fabric had wrapped around me in an instant and lifted me off the ground with ease stealing my very breath. Before i could even speak i was quickly burried in his chest by a tight hug that always made me wonder if he had some sort of special programming specifically for hugs. i was used to this and instantly thought of how much id miss it. after today. i thought of how busy i might be from now on and when i might get a hug like this again. agghh, stop thinkingggg.

"S-sun! What are you doing at the entrance so early?" I said still startled. but as usual when i looked right at him less than a foot away his incredibly wide smile seemed to be contagious. He smelt like glitterglue and sundrop candy, and his eyes were glowing a light yellow in the dim lighting, starring directly at me. "Waiting for you of course- youre so early! Goodness! we have sO much time for arts and crafts and movies and tons of other stuff! where do we even start?! we're gonna have so much fun!" He spun me around while talking as if i was some sort of doll and even jumped in excitement. i couldn't help but laugh as my heart began to speed up and i gripped onto his arms sleeves out of instinct.