Chapter 1

Amelia's POV
It was cold and I was so tired. Tired of crying,tired of life and tired of just everything. My body hurt so badly and I had dry tears on my face. My leg was searing with a sharp pain every step I took. I missed my bedroom, warmth, my sister.

Mother had kicked me out 5 months ago because I had been classified as a little. She hated them and she hated me. I had to pack quickly and barely got anything. Just a small blanket, My stuffie Alexandria, and some water.

Last week some mean kids stole my food and hurt my leg really really bad.

I was sitting on a bench when I heard footsteps walking my way. I  looked up and a pretty woman and who I could only assume was her partner walked towards me. I was scared. I tried to run away before they saw me but my let hurt too bad. I was tumbling into littlespace and was getting small too.

The woman approached me and said with a voice sweet as honey, "are you okay little one?" I tried to speak but my tongue felt heavy and I started to panic. I managed to get on my feet to try and run away but my leg hurt too badly. I let out a pained whimper as I fell to the ground.

The woman ran towards me and kneeled down next to me. "I mean no harm, I promise you're safe. I won't hurt you." She said. I just nodded.

"What's your name?"She asked. I managed to choke out "A- Amelia". The woman looked at me and said "That's a very pretty name. My name is Nia and this is my husband Atlas". The man waved at me and walked closer to us.

"Do you have somewhere to go? " Nia asked and I shook my head sadly. I cried a little bit more. Atlas spoke up and said "I know you probably don't trust us and that's alright, but do you want to go with us? ". I whispered a small yes and Nia smiled.

Atlas crouched down and took me from the woman's arms and they carried me to their car.
Atlas put me in the backseat and buckled me in. I hugged my stuffie and the man shut the door. The man smiled at me. "He has a very pretty smile" I thought to myself. They were so nice but they don't even know me. I don't know if I can trust them, but they seemed nice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nia's POV
Atlas got in the car and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I started the long drive home and played some music.

I looked in the rearview mirror and noticed Amelia shivering so I turned on the heat. We were about halfway through the drive and I heard a small whimper. "Is there something wrong?" I asked and she shook her head. I couldn't tell she was lying but I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

5 minutes later I noticed her squirming around a lot. I asked again and she stopped moving. She started crying and I didn't know what was going on until I looked down and saw the wet patch underneath her.

I said "ohhhh~" under my breath and she looked down and started apologizing and hyperventilating. I said "it's alright darling it was only an accident. " and she cried harder.
I pulled over and got out. I opened her door and she look terrified of me. I reached over to undo her seat belt and she flinched. I whispered to her to breathe in and out and she eventually calmed down to small sniffles.

"It's okay sweetie, I have a pair of clothes in my trunck. " I asked Atlas to get the stuff and he nodded silently.

I watched as Amelia passed out and we changed her and left the car seat on the side of the road. Then we drove home