The Obsidian One

(A/N: I'm going to go towards my go to format because it's easier for me to keep track of dialog)

Three years have gone by in Atlas, our cast have entered a repetitive life. They wake, eat, go on missions, sleep, and repeat. They wish for more to their lives. 

Ruby, the poor girl, felt distraught, even after losing the boy she could call brother years ago. She tried her best to push forward, but the thought of Jaune sacrificing himself for them, it burned into her mind.

Weiss was no better, she had grown accustomed to having the dorky knight with them, though she at first thought he was solely after money, he learned he was just there for her.

Blake was indifferent,  though she rarely spent time with Jaune, there was a bond there, albeit weak. It never felt good losing a comrade, Jaune was no different.

Yang felt down, she scorned herself saying how she should have plotted her shots better, how she should have jumped instead, the survivor's guilt shining through.

Ren and Nora were the most devastated,  they knew Jaune was the type to give it all up for others, but they learned to the extent of how far he'd go.

Ruby: "Okay.. time to start the day." She got her cloak and made her way towards the mess hall.  She went over to see her team and friends.

Yang: "Hey Rubes." Yang said, still keeping a smile trying to keep everyone's spirits up. "Any word from the patrols?"

Ruby: "Nothing yet, so far it's bee-"

"BREEEEEEEEMMMM, BREEEEMMMMM"

The sounds of a Grimm Alarm flooded the area, everyone available huntsman geared up and ran to the bullheads. Ready to protect Mantle.

Ruby: "Where could they be?!"

Blake: "Look!" She pointed and what could only be stated as a horde of Beowulf and Sabyrs. 

Ren: "Oh my oum..."

Yang: "Where are they coming from?!" She readies her Ember Celia.

Ruby: "Our main goal is to protect the city!"

Aa the group charged, many huntsman started firing into the crowd. Hoping to thin out the numbers for the close range fighters.

Yang: "Raaggggh!" She shouted as she dashed through the crowd. The Beowulves not able to withstand themselves from the force. As her partner and lover jumps behind her. Gambol Shroud in its sickle form.

Blake: "Do becareful, I'm not in the mood to lose you."  She pecks her partner's cheek and starts the assault again. 

As they start thinning the numbers they look to see another horde, looking the same in amount, if not more.

Ruby: "There's no end...."

Suddenly thr sounds of crunching snow breaks the silence. They all turn to see a knight, who's very presence shakes up everyone around them.

 They all turn to see a knight, who's very presence shakes up everyone around them

The figure walks towards the front line of huntsman. As he does puddles follow his footprints.  A black like ichor spreads out. He stops, and looks towards the horde.

???: "If this scares you, than fall back. Let us show you how the knights of the Plagued Axe handle it!" The figure stomps as magic circles appear behind him and along his sides. Through them the sounds of horses and battle cries filled the air as wraith like creatures charge outward.

 Through them the sounds of horses and battle cries filled the air as wraith like creatures charge outward

The ones on horseback charged forward into the Grimm, thinning their numbers quickly and efficiently

The ones on horseback charged forward into the Grimm, thinning their numbers quickly and efficiently. Team Rwby was awestruck.

???: "So you are the Kings old party." They look to see the knight that summoned the reinforcements. "He is on his way now. I'm sure he would appreciate to see you once more."

They all were on guard as they all felt a chill in the air. Even Weiss and Winter.

???: The knight kneeled to welcome another portal, they saw a knightly figure walking with a knight at his side, more feminine in traits.  "My lord, my lady. The field of war is set." He stands and looks towards the huntsman. "I introduce to you. The Obsidian one, or as you know him as.."

The knight took off his helm, and the group stared wide eyed. Before them was a friend, long gone.

Ruby: "J-Jaune...."