~Chapter Six~

Isabelle Blake

I quickly compose myself and let out a huge sigh. Caroline was running straight towards me with the Lattes in her hands and he mouth wide open.

“Belle, are you okay? Is that hot coffee?” She shrieked and I dismissively waved my hands to tell her it’s no big deal. I wasn’t burnt, the liquid just felt warm and damp on my leg.

“I’m fine, I bumped into…” I look up at the man. He was around my age and he was smiling and grabbing some napkins off a table and handing them to me. I took them off him and smiled appreciatively before wiping the stain on my leg.

“I’m really sorry, that was my fault,” He says and I shake my head. Although his eye are quite cold and make me feel queasy, I can’t let him take the blame since I came charging in and slammed into him. “No, it was completely my fault. I didn’t look where I was going.” I say and try smiling apologetically.

He chuckles and his eyes light up and little. I forcefully laugh and gain a look from Caroline who is ushering me out of the place.

“Let me get you something, to say sorry,” he says and gestures to the counter which I quickly shake my head to. “No, no, you’ve got nothing to be sorry about and I really have to get home to my kids.” I quickly protest when his lips curl up to the side.

“Oh you have kids? That’s sweet.” He nods. “Okay, that’s great. I hope the coffee didn’t scald you or anything.”

“No, and I’m really sorry for…err, spilling your coffee.” Before I could say anything else, Caroline pushed me out of Starbucks and we got into the car. I sighed and my leg felt sticky where the coffee had fallen.

“Did you hear yourself? The amount of times you said sorry to that guy, pheew.” She says and drives off down the road. I groan and cover my face with my hands. “Well if you hadn’t taken so long, I wouldn’t have stormed in there like some psycho rhino.” I complain and tilt my head back. “Why does nothing ever go right?”

“Something went right,” Caroline smirked at me. “That guy was cute.”

I slap her on the arm and remind her that she had a boyfriend and not to go ogling at other men. I won’t lie, he was quite good looking and sweet even if he seemed a little unnerving but I just could have done without having coffee spilled on me.

I let out a frustrated groan and sit back as Caroline drove me back to the house.

***