ch. 1 - The letter [ october, 1979 ]

NOTES: At minute 31:11 of the show we can see Michael sit on stage and lean towards the audience to pick up something, probably a letter, that a fan was trying to give to him. After taking the letter, he puts it in his pants and continues with the show. That's basically how the idea for this story came about lol
Also I thought it would be cool to show this to those who didn't know yet and how it made me wonder what could have happened after that. Michael was the kind of person who liked to have contact with fans, he didn't deny them. So I thought it would be plausible that if he had received a fan letter with a phone number he would call depending on the situation, such as a young fan asking him to call on her birthday.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Did you get everything you need?" Matthew's voice echoed as he watched his younger sister, Julie, run around the house getting ready to leave.

"Almost." She replied, rushing to her room to get the bus ticket she'd bought in advance.

"It's been a while since I've seen you so excited." He said from the living room, loud enough for her to hear. A smile plastered across his face.

"I'm going to see the Jacksons concert on my 16th birthday, Matt. Of course I'm excited." She chuckled a little, walking back into the living room with the ticket in hand. "Do you know how long I've waited for this opportunity? This is the kind of thing that only happens once in a lifetime."

"And the fact that I worked extra shifts to pay for the ticket contributed to that." He joked.

"And that's why you're my favorite brother." She kissed his cheek as she passed him.

"I'm your only brother."

"Exactly." She smiled, taking a quick look around. "I forgot my bag."

"You left it on the kitchen counter." Matthew replied, Julie following shortly thereafter. "I'm just saying I don't understand all this commotion. Yes their songs are good, but..."

"Good?" Julie interrupted, turning to look at her brother indignantly.

"What?" He shrugged, chuckling. He already knew where this was going.

"I swear, it should be a crime to say the Jacksons are 'good'. They're amazing, Matt. And you're the only person who currently barely knows who they are."

Okay he'll play along, Matt decided. "I know who they are." He replied and seeing his sister's unimpressed look he continued. "The lead singer, that kid Michael..."

"He's an adult now, Matt. He's 21. You are the same age." She crossed her arms over her chest as she raised an eyebrow, fighting a smile.

Matthew continued talking as if he hadn't heard her. "As I was saying. Michael, Tito, Marlon..." He paused for a moment as if trying to remember before he said it. "Jermaine...?"