ch. 2 - It's Michael [ october, 1979 ]

NOTES: For reasons I don't know I wrote both the previous chapter and this one while listening to Material Girl and other Madonna hits. For some reason I associate her songs with this fic. Don't ask me why... If I had to guess, maybe it's the '80s vibe, but who knows? Anyway I'm leaving here a cover of Material Girl that I really like.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was barely seven in the morning and the Miller siblings were already up and ready to start the day. Julie had to be at school at 7:30 am, so she had to get up early every day. Matthew, however, only had to arrive at the building supply store he worked at by 9 am. Still, he got up early every day so he could have breakfast with his sister and maybe finish some pending commission or even tidy up the house before finally leaving for work.

"So..." The sister started while eating her cereal. "... after class I go to Ana's house. I had promised her I would tell her how the show went yesterday. Is that okay?"

"No problem." Matt replied, walking over to the cabinet on the wall to get the packet of coffee to brew it. But unfortunately, he wasn't finding it.

"Julie, do you know where I kept the coffee?"

"Hadn't you said something about running out of coffee?" She answered.

"Did I?" He gave up looking for it, turning to look at his sister.

Julia shrugged, putting another spoonful of cereal in her mouth. "I think so." At Matthew's annoyed expression, she continued. "If you want, I can buy more after I leave Ana's."

He nodded in thanks, contenting himself with reaching for the juice he had in the fridge. "Thanks." He sighed as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "I guess I'll have to run without coffee today."

His sister laughed at her brother's mock drama. "Good luck with that, hope you survive. But if you don't, don't worry, I'll take good care of your LPs."

Matthew turned to look at her with his eyebrows raised in indignation.

"I'm starting to think this is a big plan of yours to steal my records

"I'm starting to think this is a big plan of yours to steal my records." He replied, earning another laugh from his sister.

"You wouldn't be able to prove it even if it were true" She smiled smugly at him before going back to eating.

***

"Bye Matt. See you later." Julie said putting her backpack on her back as she walked towards the door.

"See ya. Don't come back late from Ana's." He replied.

"Okay!" She closed the door behind her.

Finally alone Matthew began to think about the things he still had to do. The house wasn't that messy, so maybe he could start another painting he still had to do. It wouldn't take long, it was still 7:10, he didn't have to worry.