CHAPTER: I

CHAPTER 1: We only see each other at weddings and funerals.

Multiple footsteps hit the pavement, creating a fast but irregular pattern. You were, quite literally, running for your life. Dodging bullets wasn't exactly safe, y'know?  You weren't at fault, no, but your lovely brother was. He had tricked his drug dealer into thinking he'd be buying drugs, but instead, he had grabbed them and ran off. The man didn't seem too impressed with his antics, so he whipped out a gun and started chasing after the two of you. And you, you thought he was going to the store, at least that's what he told you.

"Damnit, Klaus! You said you had money, and you just got out of rehab, you moron!"

you shouted over your shoulder, sending him a glare.

"I'm sorry, alright?" he nervously chuckled, "I didn't think he'd start shooting at us!"

You scoffed, "you didn't- oh for fucks sake, Klaus!"

Snatching his arm, you pull him into an alleyway.

"Ok, just- go hide behind a damn dumpster or something, I'll deal with this idiot."

"Oh! thank you, dear sister, I real-"

"Klaus!"

"Right, on it."

Klaus ducked behind the nearest dumpster, stuffing the baggie of pills in his pockets.

"Really, man?"

Heaving a sigh, Klaus rolls his eyes, "Oh shut up, Ben."

"She could get hurt fighting off this lunatic, which, by the way, is entirely your fault!"

"Yes, yes whatever, now shut up or go whine somewhere else, she's got this, alright? She's tough, manly, even."

"Klaus I can still hear you."

"...sorry y/n."

Suddenly, the man from earlier rounded around the corner, gun in hand.

Just as he had appeared, you slipped into the shadows, ducking behind a couple of boxes.

Maybe I can catch him by surprise. Yeah, that'll work.

You switched on your powers, eyes glowing a faint red.

You were completely hidden in the dark since you had black clothes on. The only visible thing was the glow of your eyes.

Black mist slowly appeared on the ground, spreading through the ally street.

The man cautiously looked around, edging away from the mysterious fog.

"What the hell?"

Klaus peeked around the corner of the dumpster, intently watching.

Ben stood off to the side, leaning against a wall. There wasn't much he could do, anyway. He was dead, and Klaus was too stupidly high to help.

Stepping out of the shadows, you slowly approach the armed man.

"I suggest you get lost before we have a problem." You crossed your arms over your chest, straightening your posture.

"Me? Leave?" he scoffed, turning to you, "Listen, lady, your stupid boyfriend owes me money," Klaus turned to Ben with wide eyes and a hand over his mouth, holding in his laughter. Ben rolled his eyes, glaring at Klaus. You quickly interrupted him, "dear god no, that's my brother, ew." Klaus quietly snickered at the interaction happening before him. The man sighed. "ok well whatever, I don't appreciate your brother runnin' off with my stuff. So I suggest you leave, I don't exactly enjoy hitting weak women like you."

Klaus sucked in a breath, wincing at the man's poor choice of words.

"well, he's dead meat."

Ben stifled a laugh.

"What did you just say, dipshit?"

A smug grin spread across his face.

"I said, I suggest you leave, I don't exactly enjoy hitting weak wom-"

Before the man could finish his sentence, y/n had swiftly delivered a jab to his face, breaking his nose. The man stumbled backward, dropping his gun and reaching for his face. You landed a right hook, making him trip over his feet and fall. Taking the new opportunity, you lifted your leg and kicked him right in the center of his face, knocking him out with the edge of your boot.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Is he- Holy shit, he's already out. That's kinda pathetic."

Klaus stood up from his spot, walking over to you and swinging an arm around your shoulders. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."

You scowled, elbowing him on his stomach.

Klaus doubled over in pain, "ugh! what the hell was that for?!" he whined.

"You seem to be forgetting the obvious, so let me remind you, Klaus, you just stole drugs from someone! And he had a gun! And I ended up saving your sorry ass!"

Klaus waved you off, "yeah, ok blah blah whatever, can we go now?"

Glaring at him, you took a deep breath, "I swear to god, if you weren't my brother, I would have killed you by now."

He put up his hands as if he was clawing, while teasingly hissing at you.

You rolled your eyes and walked away.

"Hey! wait for me, y/n."

                                  -TIME SKIP-

You walked into your house to be greeted by a dark room. Curiously looking around and setting your keys on the counter, you call out. "Klaus? You here?" No answer. "Hm."

You flip on the light switch, squinting your eyes to adjust to the brightness.

Wonder where he went. He'll probably be back later, I'll just go clean up, work was a total mess.

Sighing, you shrugged off your jacket, setting it on one of the dining room chairs.

Walking into your bathroom, you get ready for a shower and hop in, enjoying the feeling of warm water hitting your back.

You turn the knob, shutting off the water.

Stepping out you grab the towel hanging on the wall and dry yourself. Carefully wrapping it around your body, you tiptoe to your room, hating the feeling of cold air on your skin. You throw open your drawers, pulling out pajamas and undergarments.

Throwing on your clothes, you sigh in contentment, feeling warm again.

You sit on your bed, wrapping your blanket around your body.

Using your powers, you bring the TV remote to your hands, switching on the screen. You flick your hand, switching off the light to your room, and lie down, watching your favorite show.

After a few minutes, the show is interrupted by the news.

"What the..?"

You sit up in curiosity.

As the news channel continues, your eyes widen.

"Holy shit, Reggie."