8

It had been 3 days since I had seen Rooster. Was it from me avoiding him? Perhaps. At least I hadn't had to face him after what had happened on the beach. Maybe I wouldn't have to see him again? Their mission had been moved up and they were leaving Tuesday. 

The thought made my stomach hurt. It was a risky mission, someone had finally figured out what was going down. They had to land two bombs with ultimate precision before flying out of a canyon, pulling enough Gs to drive them to pass out from the force. Besides all of that, there were the missiles they had to avoid on the way back to the ship. 

The mission was still the only thing people were talking about, even though it was Friday afternoon. If nothing else people were beginning to worry, was this just the beginning of the navy sending their best pilots on suicide missions? That's not how the navy was supposed to be run. At least that's what most people thing when they join. 

So on this lovely, not really, it's actually a thunderstorm outside, Friday morning, i woke up at My normal time, 5:30, and got ready for my morning run. Todays outfit consisted of a longsleve athletic shirt with a rain jacket covering it and a pair of running shorts and of course the regular running shoes. 

I walked down the stairs with rook jumping with excitement by my side, she usually ran with me on rainy days, considering all she wants to do it play in puddles, not actually run, but I can't blame her, me too for , me too.

I fixed my hair in a quick braid before I slid my hood over my head and secured it, who wants wet hair? I opened my front door and Rook bolted out in the rain, immediately she was soaked. I wasn't concerned with her though, I was more distracted by the man who stood in my doorway, hand extended like he was about to knock.

"Bradley" I deadpan. "What in the hell could you possibly need at this hour?" "Oh, well I was actually starting to get a little worried because you have been avoiding me since I kissed you." He says

"Oh, ok well let me know when your not so worried about me avoiding you!" I say at I shut my door with lightning quick speed and begin to run down the street. "Actually, you don't have to let me know, considering I'm avoiding you." You yell back at him, hoping that he doesn't try to follow you.

You shouldn't have got your hopes up that he would have given up so easily. Dressed in his khaki uniform Bradley begins to chase you down the street, and easily catches up to you. I mean how hard was it really for him to catch up? Have you need this man, back to the point. 

"So you are avoiding me," he says as he jogs beside you. Your beginning to get frustrated and pick up your pace a bit, praying that you can loose him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just kissed you like that, it was absolutely not right of me and I would love it if we could be friends again."

You stop running, ending up in the middle of the street, looking up into his eyes, and he stops ring beside you. "Listen, Brad, I'm graduating in a weeks, and I'm sorry to say This," you huff, "but your going on a mission that you're not likely to come back from." I grimace as the words come out of my mouth, but they have to be said. "All I'm going to say is that, when I leave, or you don't come home, I don't know if I can handle the heartbreak." You finish your last words and start running again, leaving Bradley standing in the rain, his uniform soaked through, and your final words ringing in his ears.

"I'm going to kill whoever came up with this fucking mission," he mutters as he turns and walks back to his bronco. First maverick, and now you. God, someone must really hate him he thinks.

Note: it's time for Bradley's pov 🫡

•••Bradley•••

If nothing  else, she was right. The team was set to leave next week, and she was set to graduate. Even if I make it back, what is the chance that we're stationed at the same base, let alone in the same country. I had heard that she was currently the lead in the class, but she wasn't the type to stay and be an instructor, and honestly, I don't know if I could see myself stay at the same base for more than 14 months.

I was constantly on the move. The last 6 months I spend on a ship in the pacific and before that I spent a year in Cuba, of all places. I had transferred between so many bases, it was hard to keep track of them all. I couldn't Make her follow me around either, that would just lead in disaster. I know she lives to fly, and to follow me, she would have to quit.

A hundred million other thoughts flew though my head as I walked back to my bronco. I would have to go back to the base to change my clothes, the ones I had in were currently drenched from the rain pouring down. 

I climbed into the car and pondered the big question, should I leave her alone, or work it out?

Note: lmao I bet y'all thought I wasn't gonna write anymore💀 lol short chapter to Start things off. Anyways I gotta work tmr so y'all enjoy 🫡

And yes it has almost been a year since I updated this thing😐 and I'm pretty sure I started this around this time 💀💀