i.

     I MET HIM for the first time after my performance of les rendezvous and rhapsody

it was immediately after the complimentary claps of the audience that my fellow dancers and I had bowed and entered our own private dressing rooms. and on my makeup desk sat a vase of red roses per usual.

"flowers from him again? he's so sweet to you, miyako!! I'm jealous~", kaneko fumi — a dear friend of mine, and also my personal makeup artist — had playfully whined.

"indeed he is", I replied with a soft chuckle, plucking the card that was sandwiched between the various petals and keeping the endearing words in my mind.

'your dancing's splendid like always, from n.k'.

"fushiguro-san, there's some people that are here for you!", a random staff announced with a knock on the door.

"oh my, it's him! it must be!!", fumi squealed, as she hurriedly swung open the door, revealing my sister and her husband, gojō satoru, getō suguru, and finally nanami kento.

     fumi had then sneakily left, leaving me to my guests, but not before letting out a soft squeal of excitement.

     "miya! you were beautiful up there!", my sister, fushiguro tsumugi, exclaimed, pulling me into a tight embrace.

     my brother-in-law, tōji, gently patted my head, slightly tugging out a few strands of my gelled back hair that was pulled into a tight bun.

     but I didn't mind, since my performance was already over.

     "thank you", I smiled.

     "by the way, where's megumi?", I asked, noticing that my favorite (actually only) nephew wasn't present.

     "megumi's still filming unfortunately. he had to redo a few of his scenes", tsumugi explained, "but we did bring nanami-san, gojō-san, and getō-san!"

     my attention shifted towards the three mentioned actors, particularly kento, who flashed me a brisk smile before returning to his neutral expression.