ii.

     AT FIRST, IT WAS NOTHING more than what he had said; texts here and there about when and where my performances took place

in hindsight, perhaps it was my own fault, but I couldn't help it. I was scared, you see.

     "fushiguro-san, don't forget to lock up the studio!", one of my dance-mates reminded.

     "thank you, and have a good night!", I called out.

     finally, I was all alone.

     sometimes I stayed a little later than others. I enjoyed watching myself in the mirror and nitpicking every little thing. I liked polishing my imperfections and striving to be even better than my last performance.

     and sometimes I lost track of time because I was so engrossed in my profession.

     "ten already?", I huffed, trying to calm my breathing before packing up all my things to leave.

     swiftly turning off the lights, I internally dreaded the heavy rain that slammed onto the windows and door.

     immediately calling my sister, it was truly unfortunate that she didn't pick up, and neither did tōji.

sighing, I knew that kento was extremely busy these few months as well, for director gege had planned some huge scenes with him and the main character of the show.

"I suppose I can aggressively walk in the rain...", I mumbled, not wishing to sprint and then slip and crack my skull against the pavement.

after all, with my luck, it might just happen.

taking a deep breath, I made sure that my phone was safely tucked away in my dance bag, which I slung over my right shoulder.

as soon as I grabbed the keys and opened the door, a fierce wind had slapped me on the back, alongside the bullet-like raindrops.

hastily locking the door, I knew exactly the bus station that was at most a block away from the studio.

careful not to run nor waste any time, I had trudged my way through the puddles, cringing at my wet socks and tennis shoes that I had changed into.