He's an alien

Valerie's POV
I've been sitting talking to Tommy about the girls at school and this Vince dude, The Vince guy sounds pretty chill I think I will like him. The girls at my school on the other hand suck, a lot. I wonder why my dad was being so dodgy about the teacher, it was weird. I don't want to go back to school, That place was bullshit I hated it. There was no honesty everyone danced around each other, and people projected their insecurities onto those they considered to be the weak and the different. It's pathetic, to be honest. My dad opens the door and I can sense that something seems off, I run up to him and I give him the biggest hug I have I don't know what happened but it surely doesn't seem good. He embraces the hug but stares at the wall blankly. I break off the hug and Dad goes to the bathroom, I search around looking for the newspaper. I grab it and sit down on the couch, Tommy leaves. Dad comes out of the bathroom and he seems... sedated almost. "Okay Val, Got the newspaper?" He asks me. "Yeah Dad I got the newspaper and I found this one dude Mick, He looks interesting," I tell him and show him the paper. "Well Kid, I'll give him a call real quick and then I'll cook the two of us dinner, Okay?" He states. "A-okay," I tell him and wander off to our bedroom. 

TIME SKIP TO DINNER (Nikki's POV) 

"Hey Val C'mere," I call her, I just finished cooking dinner Ham & Mac N' Cheese. She walks to the dinner table and I watch her hop up onto the stool and I hand her the plate. I sit next to her, planning to tell her about the call with Mick and 1 other guitar guy who does rhythm not lead. "Dad why aren't you eating," She asks me and a pang of guilt hits me right in the stomach. "I'm just not too hungry right now baby," I tell her. "Okay," She says. I can tell she doesn't believe me. "So I called Mick and one other guitarist and they are going to come over with Tommy tomorrow, and then after school, we will go check out Vince with whichever guitarist we deem best," I tell her. "Daddd, can't I stay home from school for the auditions," She pleads to me. "Sorry Kid no can do, But whoever makes it can play for you after we go and check out the concert, Okay?" I ask her "Not really but whatever," She says with sass. "Hey watch the tone, Missy," I tell her and she goes to put her plate in the sink. "I've gotten some pj's laid out in the bathroom go get a shower and I'll tuck you in okay," I tell her and she leaves. Valerie really is an amazing girl I hope the teacher sorts those damn kids out. I wash the dishes from dinner and pack her a lunch for tomorrow. 

 I've got to keep it together no matter what is going on with my father, for Valerie. I feel a single tear roll down my eyes and I hear the shower water turn off. I wipe my tears away and I pick out a picture book to read to Val. "Lay down baby," I tell her and she hops onto her side of the bed. I read her the book until she dozed off to sleep. I tuck her blanket up a little bit and give her forehead a kiss. 

Thank you for reading. Vote & Comment.