Chapter One: Gods live Among Us

It started with the advent of the extraordinary. Gods began appearing all across the globe, granting blessings to people for various deeds. These blessings often varied in power, and could range from lighting an object on fire with a snap of their fingers, to being able to lift a skyscraper with one hand. The power received depended entirely on the generosity of the god in question and how impressed you'd made them.

  The people who had been granted these blessings were called demigods. The avatars of these all powerful beings to impose their will on human affairs.

  There were all kinds of gods, from all kinds of beliefs and religions, although most who possessed different names were one and the same. Zeus and Thor for example, were the same being. Chronos and Father Time, Susanoo and Neptune, Thanatos and Death, Odin and capital G God.

  Every god was able to grant more than one mortal with a blessing, although they more often than not just blessed a handful at a time.

  Then, twenty years after the advent of the extraordinary, a second unusual event occured.

  A baby was born with the ability to emit light. A power that was not a blessing, not a divine ability granted to her, but a genetic mutation in her very DNA.

  And thus, Quirks were born.

  Things weren't as hectic as they could have been, with the world already aware of gods and special powers, although now it wasn't just the worthy receiving these gifts.

  Quirks began weak, unable to compete with even the weakest demigod, although with every generation these genetic abilities grew in power, slowly accumulating new and more powerful variants before quirks and blessings were on par with one another, excepting only the strongest of godly blessings from the strongest of gods, like Zeus or Odin.

  People began to abuse these quirks, powers that couldn't be taken away with unworthy actions. A solution was needed; Heroes. People who used their blessings or quirks to fight those that used them for evil, protecting the innocent and keeping order in this new, superpowered world.

  Quirks were quite common. Powerful quirks were rare, and blessings were even rarer than that. Powerful blessings were one in a million. Someone with a powerful quirk and a powerful blessing? They were garunteed to become the strongest man in the world.

  All Might. The world's number one hero and symbol of peace. Wielder of the world's most powerful strength quirk, and avatar of Heracles, the god of strength.

  He was unstoppable. Quirked villains surrendered in fear at the mere mention of his name, and other demigods watched in awe at his feats of strength.

  Endeavour was another quirked demigod, possessing both Hellflame and the blessing of Hephaestus, the god of fire, but even his power paled in comparison to All Might's.

  Of course, with all of these incredible powers being thrown about, there would be those unlucky few in possession of neither a quirk nor a blessing. They were shunned by society, treated worse than the dirt they often lay in.

  Izuku Midoriya was one such person.

  Quirkless and 2,000% mortal, Izuku dreamed of being a hero, even with no power to call his own.

  Followed by Death wherever he went, Izuku was alone. No friends. No family. Nobody to support his dream, or even give him a smile and a small "you can do it!".

  He was bullied on a daily basis, beaten and burned by his classmate's quirks, his former best friend's in particular, one Katsuki Bakugo.

  Bakugo was loud and brash, his explosion quirk earning him ridiculous amounts of unearned praise, swelling both his head and his ego to the size of a bus. He believed he would not only have his strong quirk, but a god would take notice of his greatness and grant him a powerful blessing, making him the ultimate hero.