Chapter III

-Pitch-

Jack shook, causing the entire bed to tremble. His pale face had turned to the the color of blood; his azure blue eyes wouldn't meet mine. It was clear that I had crossed a line that was not yet meant to be crossed.

With a sigh, I sat down onto the bed next to Jack, and wrapped my arm around him, encasing him, protecting him. For a while, I said nothing, just holding my beautiful lover and stroking his pale hair, which was literally melting into water.

When it seemed that Jack had calmed some, I pulled him away slightly to kiss his forehead.
"It's alright. I understand that you aren't ready, Jack. Please don't fret over it, love..." My voice trailed off as I realized that he had fallen asleep. With a smile, I gently carried his small body back to his bed, placing it down softly. Just as I stood up and turned to leave, I felt a frozen hand on my wrist.

"P-pitch..." I faced him with a soft smile. "P-please...don't go...just yet..." The near childish tone of innocence in his voice swept over me as a wave would upon the sand. I backed up and lay down next to my frozen lover, pulling the blanket over us.

Slowly, his small frame relaxed against my body, and I cautiously wrapped my arms around him, both of us on our sides, my lips resting on his forehead. 

Suddenly, there was an unusual sound that jolted both of us on guard. And then a figure, eyes wide in horror, became seen.

Jack reacted first.

Keeping the majority of his bare body under the sheet, he swiftly slid to the other side of the bed, as far as possible from me.

The frosty boy bowed his blushing face in shame, averting his ice-colored eyes from the Tooth Fairy's warm, green ones.

I recognized the disgusted gleam in her eyes as she took the scene in, a gasp finally leaving her lips. Oh yes. It was the look that I received everywhere I went, by whoever could look upon me.

"Jack!" her frightened voice rang through the dark silence. "What...how...?" She trailed off.

Too afraid to look at Jack's reaction, I quickly glanced in my periphery. Guilt. He looked guilty for loving me. Of course he was. How could I ever think otherwise? Who the hell could love anyone like me anyway?

But I felt love. I knew this feeling. So I had to do what was best for Jack.
Reaching for my pants and pulling them on under the covers, I got up, and picked up Jacks sweater, tossing it next to him.

The Tooth Fairy just stood there gaping, not fully comprehending the situation. Perhaps that was for the best.

I could see Jack talking to Tooth in slow motion, pleading with her, but I heard nothing. I knew that blocking it out was in my best interest, whether his words were true or not.

And I knew what had to be done then; I took a long breath and stood up.

Jack fell quiet and looked at me, the Tooth Fairy still silently frenzied.
I

 took a step towards Tooth and touched my palm to the female Guardian's head, causing her body to crumple to the ground in sleep.

Jack, panicked, fell to his knees by his dear friend, looking lost. His voice was a raspy whisper that cut like a razor through the dramatic silence. "What have you done...?!"

I sighed. "Relax." I had to work to keep emotion from reaching my voice and expression. "She's only asleep. A skill I picked up from Sandy." I tried in vain to smirk; feeling somewhat nauseous instead. "I can use her own tricks against her. If we remove one of her teeth and destroy it, then she will forget all about this. Teeth can hold memories, after all. And..." I paused. "I can do the same for you." 

There was another long moment of silence. Then, I felt something cold against my cheek, no, something was hitting me on the face with much force. Stunned, I looked down to see an already melting snowball and then looked back up to see an exasperated young Guardian.

Again, he formed a snowball and hit me with it. This time, tears came from his eyes as he yelled, "How could you ever think that I would want to forget that you exist?! How could I ever do that?! You..you...MORON!"

When at last he stopped with his screaming, he stormed out of the room, probably retreating to the chilly outdoors.

My face felt raw and frozen from the snow, but I paid it no mind as I knelt to remove Tooth's memory --- Jack had expressed no form of protest towards the idea. There was no way for her to not feel any pain from having a tooth pulled with such force, but I didn't care.

I disintegrated the tooth into black dust with magic, then stood. As soon as I placed a small black marble into her hand, she disappeared through one of my portals; she would arrive safely in her bed with no recollection of the day's events.

With that, I walked with purpose into my planning room. Leaning on the table with both hands, I changed my mindset. Jack would have to come around to my plans himself if he was so certain with his emotions. I couldn't depend on him staying. I had to be ready for his decision, whether it pained me or not.

I had nightmares to spread and power to gain.