✦ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲? 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝

Present Day

You were at the hotel lobby looking at your itinerary. Several years ago, you'd never seen yourself to be able to travel Bologna, Italy yet who would have thought that this would come.

"Hey, Y/N! Guess what?" Your officemate and companion in this trip excitedly said and you just gave her a look like you're interested, but you're really not. "He invited me for lunch!" She squealed. "It's okay. I can handle myself you don't have to come with us." She said as if she's actually doing you a favor when you were the who would be left alone with no company at all in a place you had never even visited yet. 

"Wai-" You started but she turned around not even giving you time or space to go against her wishes. You exasperatedly sighed and pulled out your phone, turning to Google as your most reliable companion. 

Since you were not completely decided where to eat, you thought that whatever restaurant you'd walk by first would be it as you were still entertained by the ancient constructions that surrounded you. Your mouth was agape as you took in the warm colors of each architecture. It felt like you were traveling back in time. 

Your eyes grew wider in wonder as you set sight of the Fountain of Neptune where the Roman god of the sea stood in his naked glory with a bunch of bare two-tailed mermaids completing his entourage. 

Around the fountain were different tourists taking pictures and some locals passing by. However, what caught your eye the most was the tall man in a gray poloshirt taking a picture of one of the provocative mermaids with water coming out of her breasts. Your face cracked in a wide smile. Freak...

The smile in your face started fading when he turned around about to face your way and holy smokes!

Your eyes widened in shock and so was his. He tossed his phone out of reflex the moment he saw you and you were sure that your heart jumped in the same way as his phone as soon as you saw him. 

"Holy shi- Shit! Y/N?! That's- I-" 

You didn't know which to be more surprised about; the fact that Miya Atsumu was here or that you saw him taking a picture of the risque figure in the fountain.

"Back there! I'm just- I'm just sendin' it to the team! I ain't-" He panicked. 

You stifled your laughter. "You...you don't really have to explain. I get it."

"Aughhh! No, you doooon't!" He covered his face with his hands and mumbled stuff you faintly heard, but you were sure it included, embarrassing and I'm gonna die. Taking deep breath, he tried to recover and straightened his back again. "So, you're here, huh? What a coincidence!" 

Out of all the times we'd meet, it had to be that. Atsumu felt like he wanted to be eaten whole by the ground he's walking on.

"Yeah, I'm actually surprised you still remember me." You said with all honesty.

He scoffed and placed his hands inside his pockets. "How can I?" You're sure that there was a fond yet bittersweet remembrance of the past as he glanced up the clear clouds. "I can't believe. It's been a long time, ain't it?" 

"It has been, though I wasn't counting." You answered and started walking as he followed your pace.

"I lost count." He added at the same time and continued "It's not like...It's not like I was actually countin'!" 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 [𝙢𝙞𝙮𝙖 𝙤𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙪 𝙭 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧] 🎉