what is he doing here

Hi everyone just a quick note I originally started this story on my other account @JenJAniston but for some reason its not letting me log back into that acc so I will be publishing it on here instead!!

-----------

"Heeeyyyyy, happy birthday" Courteney walks into Jens house, giving her a hug. Today was Jennifer's 50th birthday, she was hosting a party at her house.

"Heyyy, Thank you, you're early!" Jen grabs some of the food and things she has brought out of her hands. They start walking into the kitchen closing the door behind them.

"I came early to help you because I know that you have a lot of things to do and you're stressed"

"Thank youuu" They start setting up for the party, guests start arriving. About an hour and a half into the party the doorbell rings, Jen walks inside questioning who it is as everyone who was invited has already arrived. She opened the door and was left in shock.

"Heyyy, happy birthday" Jen was standing there frozen, she didn't know how to react "Jen?" His voice brought her out of her daze.

"Hey, Thank you"

"Here I got you this, I know its small but I know you'll absolutely love it"

"Oh you didn't have to.. But thank you. Come in, Come in" He stepped in while being just as confused as her from her reaction to him being there.

"Come here" He finally broke the seconds of silence pulling her in for a hug and a quick cheek kiss.

"Here come to the back everyone's there" she guided him through the house where he said a few quick "Hi's" to some familiar faces until he joined a group of people he was completely comfortable with. Jen walked back into the kitchen where Courteney was standing and smiling, Jen couldn't help but smile too.

"What's Brad doing here?" She took a sip of her drink trying to hide the fact that she's smiling like crazy.  "Oh I just thought I'd invite him" Courteney said brushing it off like it's no big deal.

"You invited him? Without telling me?" Jens expression had changed, she was confused, confused because Brad is at her party, confused because she doesn't know wether she is glad he is here or wether she is angry at the fact.

"Jen I'm sorry I didn't think it was going to be a problem" Courteney genuinely felt bad she just thought that everything would be fine. Its been 14 years since their divorce, she thought that they were fine.

"No no it's fine, I'm sorry I just don't know how I feel about it"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what I mean, I'm confused. There are so many thoughts and emotions running through my head right now. I just don't know how to feel about it"

"Well then why don't you just go talk to him?"

"What!? Talk about what?"

"Just go talk to him and maybe then you will see how you feel"

"You really think that will work?"

"Hey Jen can we talk?" He walks into the kitchen catching her off guard, frozen in her place again, Courteney jumps in saving her "Jennifer will be with you in a minute" he nods walking outside to the backyard "he wants to talk to you too, just go"

--------

I made a few changes, the first 3 chapters aren't very long but I am hoping to make them longer after I'm done transferring everything over <3