Class of 78

The sun had just gone down over the Ishimaru family house, or what's left of it anyway. It's no surprise to anyone in their neighbourhood— or their country even— that money is a privilege for the struggling single father and his bright, although unusual, son.

Tomorrow could be the beginning of change for the duo, with Kiyotaka starting at Hope's Peak School first thing in the morning. They've always lived just down the road from the prestigious school, but never in his life did he think he would be stepping foot in there!

It was even more incredible that this all started with him being scouted for an ultimate talent; the Ultimate Moral Compass. It does have a nice ring to it when he thinks about it.

It was a crisp 8pm, two hours before Kiyotaka's self determined curfew (albeit he never goes out). Though, should he get some extra sleep before the big first day tomorrow? He already has his school bags packed. Yes, bags, since the school also has a room and board the Ishimarus have decided that's where Kiyotaka will stay for the school years to come. It means less food to buy and cheaper bills to pay, and it's not like he can't visit after school!

So, sleeping was a bust. He laid there for 34 minutes and he's not one bit drowsy!

Perhaps the excitement is too much right now; however, he could look through the student folder the school sent him for a bit of light reading before bed.

A few of these individuals he's heard of before— like Sayaka Maizono, who hasn't heard of her? She looks quite charming, but he hasn't a clue what any of her songs sound like.

Junko Enoshima is also familiar to him. He's sure her face has been plastered on a digital billboard by the supermarket for months.

Kirigiri Kyoko shares the same family name as the founder and headmaster of the school, and that can't be a coincidence. Daughter, maybe?

He must do well to introduce himself to all of his classmates tomorrow, however intimidating some of them look! Oogami Sakura looks like he could break his spine with his pinkies!

He shuts the folder quickly to avoid anymore anxious thoughts before bed, as that can lead to nightmares. He takes a sip of the water on his nightstand and turns off his light once again, choosing to retire an hour early, but without any distractions this time.

Beep beep! Beep beep! Beep be-

The sun filtered in onto the prefect's bed through his raggedy blinds, creating the perfect amount of light for Ishimaru to get ready for his first day of school!

His clean pressed uniform was already laid out on his desk with his almost knee length boots on the floor beside it. Oh no, he thought to himself, what if there's a separate dress code for the ultimate students? Well, he'd find that out once he got there for orientation... which was in 2 hours!-Adequate amount of time to shower and get a filling breakfast.

"Headin' out, tell me all about it later!" He heard his father holler out before the front door slammed shut. Kiyotaka smiled to himself and proceeded with his carefully thought out morning routine.

. . .

It was 7:15 exactly when he finished eating breakfast; a toasted bagel and some blueberries. School started at 8 but there was no reason why he couldn't be a little early to familiarize himself with the building and all. He took one last look in the mirror to make sure he looked as presentable as possible before he grabbed his shoulder-strap bag and luggage and headed out the door, locking it behind him.

With every step closer to the looming building, he got a tiny butterfly in his stomach. Sure, he's walked by it plenty of times, but this time he's going inside it, and that is a separate can of worms entirely.