13 - Jealous Pt.2

Second update of the day, because it is part 2 ❤️

3.2k words

༻✦༺

Padmé's POV
(Y/n) sat me in the chair before she stormed off towards Anakin who was flirting with Olivia — can those two be any more obvious? It is like everyone knows the truth but them. And by everyone I mean Ahsoka, Piett, a few of the staff members here, and I.

I watched her approach them and take an authoritative stance, "Did she say that you baked this?"

I turned my attention to the voice and met the gaze of Anthony. He was probably the most handsome man I had ever seen, and just like the first time I saw him, he took my breath away.

I finally found it in me to breathe and I smiled with a nod, "Yes, I baked all of the desserts tonight." I said proudly.

He picked up the fork next to his plate and stabbed into the chocolate cake, "Are you the Royal baker?" He asked with a head tilt.

"No your highness," I chuckled, "I am just a handmaiden with an extra set of skills that the Queen will occasionally put to use."

"No need to be so formal," He cut off a piece of the cake and took a slow bite, "This is not my kingdom, so you may call me Anthony if you would like."

I nodded with a growing smile, it was hard not to. He had a certain charm to him and do not get me started on his voice, it was soft, smooth, and easy on the ears; like a majestic harmony, "Of course Anthony, and you can call me Padmè."

"Padmè," He repeated my name like he was letting his tongue get used to the unusual sound, "I have never heard that name before. It is rare and unique, which I think is the best kind of beauty," He took another bite of the cake and it made me happy knowing he was enjoying it — I take pride in my work.

His word's comprehended in my mind and a slight blush rose to my cheeks, "Thank you your high—I mean, Anthony."

"Of course," He covered his mouth as he chewed, "And I must say, this is one of the best cakes I have ever had. Do not be surprised if you receive a letter requesting your skills for one of my parties. I would pay you handsomely as well."

I felt a spark inside of me as I sat up, "I would be honored sir."

He uncovered his mouth as he swallowed and I noticed a small piece of chocolate on the corner of his mouth, "Have you ever considered having your own bakery in town?"

"I have," I nodded with a quiet sigh that I was not sure if he heard or not. (Y/n) has been begging me to give it a shot, but risk scares me, "But, I have always been too afraid to try. Also," I pointed to his mouth, "You have a bit of chocolate there."

He knitted his brows as he grabbed a napkin, "Oh, thank you," He began to wipe the complete opposite side of his mouth.

"No the other—"

"Here?" He started to wipe his chin.

"No," I said with a chuckle. I grabbed his hand to guide it and the napkin to the spot I was talking about, "Here." I let go and looked up, catching his gaze that made me freeze in place, like he had me under a spell.

And I had no idea how long we would have been there like that if it was not for the commotion that grasped everyone's attention. Gasps erupted in the room, followed by (y/n)'s voice, "Did you just throw cake at me?" She uttered in disbelief.

Both is us turned our ends in there direction and Anakin looked like he was holding in a laugh as he shrugged, "Maybe."

Moments later (y/n) had grabbed one of the buttercream cupcakes and threw it at him, causing it to hit him right below his eye. It slowly slid down his face and he shot her a glare as if he was not the one who started it in the first place, "If it is a fight you want Princess, then a fight is what you are going to get." He picked up one of the pieces of the triple chocolate cake with his bare hand before lunging it in her direction.