Sooner Than Later- Chapter Fourteen

Kuroo's POV

Just a few days ago, Nakio sat me down and had a talk with me. She looked somewhat... worried?

"Now before I say anything, this may not be true... but I haven't had my period for a few weeks now, I'm not feeling great either...so...I think I might be pregnant, Kuroo."

I have to admit I was shocked, and a tad worried, but I didn't want to show it. I just need to comfort and support her right now.

"Oh baby, that's amazing!" I say with a smile, cupping her cheeks and kissing her all around her face.

She smiles and laughs softly. "Yes it is..."

I give her a confused look as I pull back. "But..?"

She sighs before she talks.

"But, I'm nervous. We're still in school, and haven't even married yet. It's not that I mind, but my family wouldn't be too fond of it..."

She shakes her hands back and forth and smiles. "Not that it really matters what they think, I want to go through with it anyway! I'm actually very excited. I'm going to take a test soon and see if it's really true..."

I smile and kiss her lips softly. "Even if it's not true, there is still plenty of time for us to grow and become a family. No matter what happens, I'm here for you, okay?"

She nods and kisses me gently. "Thank you, Testurou."

"You never have to thank me, Nakio."

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

Now here I am, sharing the grand news with Kenma.

"Nakio may be pregnant... And I'm the father."

Kenma's face shows pure shock as he shakes the look away and smiles at me.

"Wow, t-that's awesome Kuroo. Sorry, I'm just really surprised, v-very happy for you though!"

I smile and lean against the patio rail.

"Oh believe me, I was surprised too. We've been careful about things. I just didn't believe if it were to happen, it would happen so soon, you know?"

He nods and leans on the rail beside me.

"Yea, I get what you're saying..."

"But please, don't tell anyone right now. We're not sure if it's true at the moment, and we wouldn't want the word to spread if it is true. Don't want drama with her parents yet, especially if it's false."

Kenma shakes his head up and down quickly. "Oh, of course. You're secret is safe with me. Hopefully all will turn out well, no matter the outcome of the test."

I smile and look at the night sky.

Kenma is silent for a moment until he speaks up again with a nervous sound to his voice.

"S-so, does this mean you're going to propose sooner than planned?"

I look at him, then to the ground.

"I mean, I was going to do it anyway, but I feel like it would be a lot if we did get married right now... Although, it may be best for me to propose so we can get married sooner than later."