𝐔𝐧𝐨 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

{𝗔 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗯𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗹𝘀 & 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗱𝘀}     

The burgundy sky lies over the graveyard. Everyone was running, weapon in hand. Knives, sniper guns, fists. "Time?!" Ashlyn yelled. "8 minutes!" peeped a small voice from behind. The walls of the school bus graveyard were almost in sight. "The graveyard!" I screamed. We could hear the footsteps of the phantoms creeping up behind us. "Close the gate, close the gate!" screamed Tyler. Just as the doors closed, the creepy smile of the phantom was a mere few feet behind.

Slam! The gate was closed, just in time. The banging of the fists of the aggravated phantoms as they tried to get could be heard throughout the graveyard. "Alright.. Let's head to the bus" Sighed Ashlyn.

"Ugh! That sucked" said Tyler in his normal whining tone. "Yea, no shit Sherlock" I stated abruptly. "We can't have any more close calls like that."

It went dead silent.

"Ah.. the banging stopped," said Ashlyn, who was massaging her sore feet. That relief was temporary. Tyler piped up again. "It probably gave up or someth-.."

The air went cold. There was a noise from the door of the bus.. A phantom. "How?!" I muttered. Everyone was dead sure the gate was sealed shut. We crowded at the back of the bus. What more could we do? All of our weapons were behind the phantom! "Can we open the back door?!" said ashlyn in a shaky tone. Since I was behind the group, I checked. "Shit! It's blocked!" Another bus was behind it. We were screwed. "Wh-what do we do?!" said Logan, who was a nervous wreck, but who wouldn't be? My dumbass cousin, Aiden, replied, "Die??" "Aiden!" I whisper-yelled. "Not the best time!" Just then, the phantom lunged toward us. Just then, a clock beeped. 7 hours were up.

I woke up back in my bed across town, my heart still racing. Everyone was blowing up my phone.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan:

Everyone Okay?

Ashlyn <3:

👍

Aiden:

Lol that was close

                                                                                     You:

                                         Lol?! Aiden I swear to god.

Taylor:

Physically, yes

Tyler:

Mentally, no

Ben:

Did anyone finish their homework?

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed, placing down my phone. Taking a moment to look up at the ceiling and try to steady my breathing. It's going to be a long, long day.

////////////////////////// Time skip /////////////////////////

The bus arrived at my house and I got on with the dumbass and my brother in tow. Aiden would not shut up (which is practically a personality trait at this point) I don't know how Ben puts up with him but I for one was exhausted and didn't have the time. I slipped in my headphones and rested my head against the window. Until I saw a familiar house, with my favorite redhead leaving it. I perked up and quickly put my airpods away as she got to her seat. Of course Aiden was being...well, aiden, by being his obnoxious self. I tried not to stare at her, but I gave in. I mean... How could I not? The staring was respectful of course! She's just so pretty. She's perfect. Beautiful eyes, gorgeous bright orange hair, perfectly proportioned freckles...even her voice!

Of course, Aiden had to break my gawking. He stared at me, then back at her, then at me with his dumb little grin, but snarkier. This broke my concentration, along with my brother, Ben, texting me non stop.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben:

Hey

You good?

Hello?

What is up with you?

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm worried Aiden is starting to rub off on Ben.

Finally we got to school. The four of us walked in, obviously a wreck. (We used to be pretty alert and did well paying attention in class. Now? We could give a shit less)

The teacher gave us his usual weird look. He always seems to know when we had a rough night.. Guess it's obvious. Anyways, we all went to our desks, slumping down in our chairs. I looked over and saw it in them. Logan was on the verge of tears, the twins looked like they short circuited, and Ashlyn was dead asleep. She's so pretty when she's asleep..

Ah. Everyone is asleep. Great.

After class, we all met up at lunch to discuss the... Events of the recent night."I think we should go back to Savannah," said Tyler. Of course he would be the one to suggest something like that so abruptly. Logan said what we were all thinking; "I thought everyone agreed it was too dangerous." I sighed, since feeling this tension always meant an argument would follow. I was tempted to put in my headphones again, but that means I might miss something important. (cough* like ashlyn speaking cough*).

"So what? We're just supposed to let things stay like they are?" I rub my temples as Tyler speaks. "I'd rather be semi-stuck than permanently stuck." I nod my head as Ashlyn speaks. To be honest she could've told me to mop the ocean and I would have. (I know big simp energy) "Well maybe if you told us the truth in the beginning, we wouldn't be stuck at all." Oh my god tyler please just shut the fuck up. If you want to say something don't be so bitchy about it. "I already explained why I didn't-" Aiden cut Ashlyn off, leaving me briefly annoyed.

"Aren't you one to talk." My flash of annoyance dissipated and was replaced with appreciation for my cousin. "You're the one that brushed it off as a prank and walked off." Tyler put his head down as Aiden continued. My cousin might be a dumbass but he can shred someone physically or mentally. "If she said anything, would you even have believed her?" Aiden's light heartedness left his demeanor and I smiled looking at him. "With your personality I seriously doubt it." Suddenly Tyler slammed the table and stood up. He was yelling about the hell dimension or something, but I tried to hide my laughter as I looked around. I mean Logan and Taylor's faces were priceless. Ben then slammed his fist against the table and shushed Tyler. At this point I was hiding my face while laughing .

"What are you laughing for?" Tyler whisper-yelled. "Oh nothing, it's just that you should fix your face." Tyler was shaking with rage and continued "If we don't go back to savannah where the cycle began... Then what else are we supposed to do." I shrugged my shoulders, but looking around everyone was a lot more tense. I mean except for aiden but that's aiden for you. One question seemed to linger in the silence though.

Should we risk it? 

Eɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ