𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐃𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

(Two weeks prior)

(Two weeks prior)

I didn't have to take the bus. I really didn't, I can drive after all. Not very well but I can drive. The bus is loud, slow, and full of people. ⅔ of those are big nopes for me . However, my dear cousin and brother wanted to ride the bus for their first day. 'To meet new friends' Aiden said, like that hobo would make friends. as I got on the bus Ben and Aiden sat together. The seat in front of them was free, and I didn't want to deal with Aiden, so logically... free seat it was. "[NAME}-" I cut aiden off. "Listen Aiden, I love you, but I haven't had my monster yet. So, in the time being please try not to bother me or Ben that much." I slipped both my airpods in and closed my eyes.

A tap was felt on my shoulder. I took one of my airpods out. "Hey, uh this is my seat." I looked up to see (I'm gonna be honest-) one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen . Red hair, forest green eyes, freckles powdering her clear skin. I don't know if I should be jealous or very much attracted. "Sorry-" I apologized, getting up. I looked around trying to find another free seat and. .. no dice. While I was looking for a free seat she sat by the window. "Uh- hey do you mind if I sit next to you? There's no more free seats." I asked the girl. She only nod. " Hi, I'm [Name]" I stuck out my hand for her to shake. "I'm Ashlyn." She awkwardly shook my hand.

"And I'm Aiden!" Both Ashlyn and I flinched back. "Jesus fuckin' Christ, Aiden, you're gonna give poor Ash here a hard attack." Aiden doesn't look bothered as he points to Ashlyn's house slowly fading from view. "What's up with the whole graveyard thing?" He said leaning over the seat. "It's just a junkyard with buses..." Ashlyn explained, still tense. "Woah there Aiden, give the lady some personal space." I chuckled slightly. He moved back slightly. "Is it haunted?" Aiden asked, still talking about the graveyard. "No..." Ash answered. "That's it?" Aiden was still not shutting up. "Yeah." Ashlyn was scooting towards the corner. "I was hoping for some kind of lore or paranormal jazz."Aiden said with a cocky tone to his voice while leaning back. Ashlyn just scratched the back of her head and reached for her phone.Thank god that conversation's over; I could feel Aiden's desperation. 

Ashlyn and I both relaxed in the semi-peaceful atmosphere. She reached for her phone I smiled knowingly "Anyway-" Aiden please shut the fuck up. "Sorry if my cousins ​​​​come off as standoffish, we just moved from Virginia a week ago. Can't remember which town it was though." He continued to blab on and on. "We should hang out often." I looked from Aiden to Ashlyn and did a double take. A hope for a 'yes' but my logic is saying no. Ashlyn put up her hand "Sorry. Nothing personal but, I'm a bit tired and not in a conversation mood." I nod at Ashlyn's response. A: it was a beautifully designed response by an introvert not wanting friends and B: she did it while not sounding like a bitch. Impressive.

While I was mentally congratulating my fellow introvert I didn't notice Aiden until he spoke. "Oh I get it-" Oh no... "You're just shy. Right?" I could see Ashlyn with the 'Wait a damn minute' pose. "It's alright, I'm good at talking, so it'll be fine." Jesus christ Aiden your hopeless

///////////////////////// Time Skip ///////////////////// ///////

We got off the bus as Aiden was still talking. "Woah this is a small school." Aiden remarked. "Yeah Dipshit, it's a small town." I stopped looking at the front office door. "See you later Ash." I waved as she hurriedly left. Once Aiden realized she's gone he started laughing like a maniac. "She's fast!" He chuckled. A gave him a 'Love tap' (really it was a smach over the head but with love.) "Stop being a Joker kinnie and let's get our damn schedules.

The tour of the school went off without a hitch. Except for the yelling we heard down the hallway. Turns out lightly bumping into someone starts a fight. "Hey watch where you're going!" The Letterman Jacket Bee Movie looking ass bitch said . "Sorry." I was pulling Ben away from the fight. Once we were a safe distance away I checked in with him. "Hey man you ok?" He nod briskly 'I'm just a little stressed.' He signed ( I headcanon Ben does sign language because of the damage to his vocal chords ) I nod and knowingly. "Let' signeds Go find Aiden head to class, yeah?" ' Yeah' he.

We arrived in front of room 201. "You ready Ben?" asked him. He smiled and nodded. "Of course he's ready! Stop being a worry wart of a big sis." Aiden interjected. "Shut up Aiden." I snapped back playfully as I opened the door. Assigned seats huh? I thought, looking around. I saw a familiar face. "Hey Ash!" I waved, walking toward her. She put her head down once she saw me. Huh. The teacher walked in and introduced us to class," Sorry I'm late but these three are new so give them a warm welcome." There was an awkward pause before he said "You guys can take a seat now."

I took my seat next to Ashlyn. "Now let's begin with the introductions shall we?", Mr.Thomas droned on. I pulled out my notebook and doodled only listening whenever I heard something unique, for example: Ashlyn likes dogs, Ben was just sleep (honestly I was about to do the same and just record the lesson if we had one), Aiden being Aiden, the adorable Logan mentioning his interest in astrology (same! I should talk to him about it later), The mechanic named Taylor (very cute and I'm loving her vibe, another potential friend.), and a baseball player with a bad attitude, and honestly looking a bit musty if i might add. 

After introductions (and me taking a nap through half of them ) Mr.Thomas turned on his projector, "Now let's talk about the semester long group project!" Oh god no. I hate group projects. Even with friends I'd rather not . Hey, let's stay optimistic! Maybe I can work alone. "You'll work in a group of 7 people, and no you cannot work alone." *INTERNAL SCREAMS OF FRUSTRATION AND HORROR ENSUE*"[Name] are you ok?" I slowly turned my head to face the person who asked me. It was taylor. "Oh! [Name]'s okay! They're just going through an internal breakdown about group projects." Aiden explained nonchalantly. "Mood." Ashlyn muttered. The group ended up moving our tables into a circle and I was still seated next to Ashlyn. Mr. Thomas explained what to do for the project and I honestly kinda just stopped listening until I heard about it...

The field trip.

Now I may be a lazy, mentally unstable, ADHD having, caffeine addicted introvert that almost never leaves the house, but that does not negate the fact that I still love to travel. So a road trip to Savannah? One of the most haunted places in the US? Sign me the fuck up . Other than that class was slow and simple. I Ended up in a group chat with everyone in the group project and Aiden asking Ashlyn if she was interested in the field trip. "I'd rather stay home." She declared while walking out of the classroom. Aiden looked like he was going to change her answer. God please help her from Aiden's shenanigans.

Ashlyn Banner's POV

I put my head down on the table. "Looks like school didn't go well..." My mom inquired "It didn't." I said drearily "I'm stuck with this annoying guy for a semester long project and his stupid sunshine cousin. I don't wanna go back tomorrow." I put my shirt over my head. "Well on the brightside maybe you'll make some friends." My mind flashed to [Name], the girl so determined to give me a good first impression..and my face soured. "You know that's not gonna happen." Suddenly my mom slammed the table. "How could you say that? How could you derive your parents like this?" Over dramatic, much ?I thought, looking at my parents throwing a fit in the living room. After that little scene and talking about how social interactions suck a knock could be heard at the door. "That's probably the delivery guy." My dad said, getting up. I looked at my phone and immediately felt absolute horror.

New Message

-------------------------------------------------- - ------------------------------------------------- - ------------------------

Aiden

Knock Knock

Just now

-------------------------------------------------- - ------------------------------------------------- - -------------------------

Oh god

"WAIT, DAD!!" I screamed in a panicked tone "DON'T OPEN THE DO-" Too late.

Aiden was at the door. 

ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2