Return from the Upside Down

Stephanie's POV:"Babe, look at me

Stephanie's POV:
"Babe, look at me. Babe." I looked up at Steve and said "what happened?" "You were gone again." He clutched the Walkman in his hands and stared at me in shock. "Can we go? I'm filthy and need a shower." I mumbled. Steve nodded and said "ok." He gestured to the rope and put the Walkman in my pocket and the headphones around my neck. I climbed up the rope and saw that Amanda was standing next to Chrissy. I fell onto the mattress and Alex said "Stephanie." "Hi, Alex." I said. Eddie pulled me to my feet and Steve climbed the rope, falling onto the mattress. He winced and held his sides. "Steve." I said softly. He half smiled and Eddie reached for his hand. "We need to go back and get my car." Nancy said. "Mine too." Amanda added. "How are we getting back?" Lucas asked. The large group of us wouldn't be able to ride back on the bikes so we'd have to figure something out. "Four of us could go. Amanda, Nancy and two other people. To get the car." Max said. "Can someone get my sweater?" Steve said while crossing his arms over his chest. Dustin scoffed and said "you're worried about your sweater?" "Yeah! I love that sweater! Maybe I should go with you guys! And my shoes! "No, stay with me. Please." I grabbed Steve's arm and he looked down at me. He cupped my cheek and said "ok. I'll stay." I hugged him and Amanda, Nancy, Maisie and Chrissy went to get the cars. The rest of us sat in Eddie's trailer, waiting. Steve winced every once in a while and I said "you need to shower. We need to make sure your wounds stay cleaned." "They burn." Steve said as him and I sat down on the couch. I frowned and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. Steve put his arm around me, holding me close to him. Eddie struggled to stay awake, his head hanging low and then he'd sit up. "Poor Eddie." I said softly. Steve rolled his eyes and said "we'll be back at my place soon and then he can sleep." I hit his chest playfully and said "be nice." It was a bit of time before Nancy and Amanda arrived back with the cars. We were then on our way to Steve's. Steve's eyes were drooping as he sat next to me. I held his hand in mine as he leaned his head on my shoulder. Once we got to Steve's, everyone seemed exhausted. Steve and I immediately went up to his shower. The two of us stood under the hot water. Steve groaned softly as the water ran over his wounds. I cupped his cheek and made him look at me. "It's ok." He nodded and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close to me. "Steve, I was so scared." I whispered. Steve's hands went up and down my sides. "I know. I'm sorry." He apologized. I shook my head and said "it's not your fault. We got to you in time. There's no way I wasn't going after you." "I'm glad you did. I would've choked to death. Or been eaten to death." "No, Steve, don't say that." I hugged him tightly and Steve chuckled, kissing my neck. "I'm ok, babe." I watched the black icky stuff from the Upside Down go down the drain, ridding us of the filth. Steve lifted his head and his right hand came up to cup my cheek. I looked up at him and he kissed my lips passionately. My arms went around his neck, closing the gap. I felt Steve's left hand go up my body, squeezing my breast. I whimpered into his mouth and then cupped his cheeks with both my hands. Steve's hand dropped from my cheek and went to my hip. He kneaded my breast in his hand and soft moans left my lips. I felt Steve's hard on poking my thigh and he pulled away. I looked up at him in confusion. "As much as I want to, I'm a little tired, babes." I nodded and said "that's fine. You need to rest. Let's finish washing up and then we can go lay down." Steve nodded and reached for the shampoo, putting a glob of it into his hair. I watched him scrub at his head, making sure his hair was clean. The shampoo he used was expensive and I knew that's why his hair was so luscious. I used a small amount of it and started washing my hair. Steve rinsed his hair and then used conditioner. I did the same. Steve grabbed me by my hips and started kissing me again. My chest was pressed up against his as he gently pushed me against the shower wall. I kissed his neck up and down. Steve sighed and I kissed his Adams's apple. "Oh, Steph, I was worried about you." He said. I pulled away and said "what? Me?" "Yeah. I didn't want you to follow me down there but I needed you to save me. I didn't want you in danger." His shoulders slumped and I said "Steve Harrington, I will always put myself in danger for you. No matter the consequences." "You can't do that. I'd rather something happen to me than..." I shook my head at him, not wanting him to say those words. "I will not abandon you, Steve." "The same goes for you, Stephanie." The two of us rinsed the conditioner out and started to dry off. I looked at his neck, running my fingers over the red mark that laid across it. Steve watched intently, his hand brushing my curly hair our of my face. "Does it hurt?" I asked softly. Steve shrugged and said "a little. Hurts to talk sometimes." I threw my arms around him and his breath hitched. "You scared me." "You scared me too." I kissed his lips, our lips moving in sync. I pulled away and Steve kissed my cheek and then my forehead. "We should get dressed." I told him. Steve nodded and his eyes went to the tops of my boobs. "Steve." "What? I'm allowed to look. Even though they're covered up with a towel." I shook my head and bandaged Steve correctly this time. "Feel better?" He nodded and I changed into some of Steve's clothes to sleep in. I wasn't sure what we were going to do next. We all needed to sleep so that's what we did for now. Steve's eyes fluttered closed as he fell back onto his bed. I closed the bedroom door behind us and I could already tell he was falling asleep. I walked over to his side of the bed and tapped him. "Steve?" "Mmm." He rolled over and I said "you can't sleep like that." Steve groaned obnoxiously and sat up. "I'm so tired, babes." I cupped his cheek and said "I know. But, I gotta turn the bed down." Steve nodded and I made sure everything was ok so he could lay down. Steve fell onto his stomach on the bed and then said "owwww." "Awe, poor baby." I cooed. Steve pulled me under the blanket with him and the two of us cuddled one another. I looked at him and said "I love you." "I love you too." The two of us then fell asleep.

-

"So, what exactly happened to you two? We were about to leave the Upside Down and then..." Robin said. "Vecna showed us something. He showed us where he came from. How he's actually Henry Creel. And what he plans to do with Hawkins." I told the group. "What he plans to do?" Dustin asked. Eddie looked up at me and Amanda said "he's going to destroy Hawkins. Four gates. Which means four people have to die. And when that happens Hawkins will fall." Chrissy's eyes widened and Lucas said "what?" "Destroy Hawkins?" Max said in shock. "W-What does that mean?" Alex said in a small voice. "Exactly what it sounds like. This maniac is gonna destroy Hawkins." Eddie said while throwing his arms up in the air. "We have to do something, come up with a plan." Nancy said. Everyone nodded in agreement and that would be our next move; figure out a plan to stop Vecna.

Ok so I wrote the majority of this before I saw Vol. 2 and decided to keep it. The next chapter will follow Vol. 2 don't worry. I also have to do another playlist chapter that will be small. But other than that, yes this book is staying on track. And how do we all feel about Vol. 2 cause I'm heartbroken
~skylar🫧✨🫧✨