009

cinema——
bath

009

Fifteen hundred pounds of salt. They needed to build an isolation tank for Eleven to be able to focus enough to find Will and Barbara. "This damn thing is heavy." Dustin grunted. Kenra, Lucas and Dustin had been tasked with setting up the kiddy pool which would inevitably become the isolation tank. Dustin rolled it out to the middle of the middle school gym. They got the ropes off of it and unraveled it.

"Is this upside down?" Dustin groaned. Kenra shook her head. "No, it's this way." They pulled the pool apart and stretched it out to size.

"How does this even work?" Dustin said. Kenra pulled on one side while Dustin and Lucas each were on the others. The pool just kept falling in on itself. "Son of a bitch." Dustin kicked the side.

"Dustin, you idiot." Kenra groaned. "Pull it back. Pull it back." She rolled her eyes.

"I am!" Dustin yelled at his sister.

"Okay, let's try again." Lucas said. "One, two, three." They pulled the walls of the pool only for it to collapse again.

Kenra suddenly had a perfectly reasonable thought on why the pool wouldn't stay up. "Ugh, it needs water to stay, you dummies." She shook her head.

"Ohhh." Dustin and Lucas said in awe at the same time. They had to wait for Mike and Nancy to make it back with the hoses before they could start filling up the pool.

The gym was silent for a while until Dustin spoke up. "I know that douchebag Steve Harrington was in our house last night." He said. Kenra looked at him, how? "I could smell the crusty hair gel from your room." Kenra couldn't even stop herself from laughing at the comment and neither could Lucas. This is why she loves spending time with Dustin.

When she caught her breath finally she spoke up. "We're friends, dumbass." She shook her head. Though, even to the middle school boys in the room her words weren't very convincing.

Once Nancy and Mike got back and they all set up the hoses, Lucas and Kenra monitored the water temperature to make sure it was perfect and then Jonathan and Hopper started cutting open the bags of de-icing salt and dumping it into the water. With Dustin's help of the egg test, they knew when the pool was perfect.

Joyce had duct taped a pair of goggles that Eleven put on to help her focus her senses. Joyce helped El inside and she laid down in the pool. Everyone sat along the edges as they watched. The lights flickered off as she got settled in the water.

El laid in the water for a few moments before she started breathing heavily. The lights flickered on and off a few times. "What's going on?" Nancy said.

"I don't know." Mike said.

"Is Barb okay? Is she okay?" Nancy asked Eleven desperately.

"Gone." El muttered. "Gone. Gone. Gone." She kept repeating it. It was easy to see that whatever it was that Eleven could see down there wasn't good. Joyce tried to comfort her by grabbing her hands and whispering short sweet phrases to her.

"Castle Byers." El said quickly after she calmed. "Will?" Joyce gasped and looked over at her oldest son. "Tell him mom is coming. I'm coming for him."

"Hurry." Kenra's head whipped around when she heard Will's voice come through the radio. "Okay, tell him to stay where he is. We're coming. We're coming, okay? We're coming, honey." Joyce repeated.

Distinctive whimpering came over the radio and Eleven sat up from the pool rather abruptly. She was crying and Joyce was quick to comfort the young girl. Now all that was left was to find Will. Well, and Kenra, Nancy, and Jonathan had big plans for killing a demogorgon.