020

cinema——
under the weather

019

Kenra was restricted from doing almost anything after Joyce saw her almost pass out. The group realized they'd need Will's help in learning where to even start on killing the mind flayer, so they needed to put him somewhere he wouldn't be able to recognize. While everyone was outside trying to gather materials to cover the Byers shed out back to trick Will's mind, Kenra was sitting on the couch, watching a passed out Will and feeling completely useless.

She was searching her mind for anything that could help them and cursing her body for picking right now to crap out on her. She swore she felt fine all day, she'd spent hours trekking through the woods and she was fine. Jonathan came in through the back door to collect Will. Kenra stood up from her spot on the couch. "Hey, Jonathan?"

Jonathan looked up at her as he reached down to pick up Will. "You guys really think this is gonna work, right?" Kenra asked, she was scared, truthfully. She'd known all these kids since she moved to Hawkins and she would do anything before she let anything happen to them. Just like she knows Jonathan would. She didn't know what she'd do if she had to watch Will die because of a psychotic, brain possessing monster.

Jonathan stuttered for words, he looked just as terrified. "I hope it does." Kenra sucked on her lips and nodded. Jonathan picked up his brother and turned around to leave. "So do I." The girl muttered as she fell back against the couch.

The only people in the shed with Will now were Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan and Mike, they wanted to make sure he didn't realize that anyone else had been with them at all since the only ones at the Lab with him had been them. Everyone else was gathered back in the house, waiting to hear something back about whether or not they'd made progress.

Steve was slinging his bat around in front of Kenra in the living room, but she wasn't paying all that much attention to him. Her brain was growing fuzzier and she felt like she was sweating even more than before. She pulled her jacket off rather aggressively and stood up slowly in hopes of not feeling dizzy. Her hand grabbed Steve's shoulder as she walked by to let him know she's there so he wouldn't accidentally rip a new hole through her stomach with that stupid bat.

She made a b-line to the bathroom, stepping over Lucas and Max who were sitting on the floor in the hallway. Kenra closed the door behind her and she looked in the mirror. Her skin was so pale it was starting to have a blue tint to it and she was so hot that even her tank top and jeans felt like too much right now but her sweat made her skin feel cold to the touch.

Slowly, she lifted up her shirt, the pain in her stomach was radiating in the same area as her scar from when the demogorgon attacked her last year. The scar was almost as big as her hand in length and ran perpendicular with her side, the skin tissue had healed up rather nicely considering how butchered her body had been after the incident. But as she picked up her shirt the sight in front of her made her gasp.

The skin was bulging and bright red, the skin looked like it had bursted at the seams. Kenra covered her mouth with her other hand to make sure her noises weren't loud enough for anyone else in the house to hear. She looked back into the mirror and almost screamed at what she saw. She was dripping in blood and her scar was ripped open, something trying to claw its way out from the inside. She squeezed her eyes shut and stumbled back, the pain in her body getting more severed

She opened her eyes back up and everything had gone back to normal. No blood, no claws ripping her stomach open. Kenra dragged her hand over her stomach. Again. There was no way. What the hell? She's definitely not just sick. She rolled a hunk of toilet paper up in her hand and patted the sweat away from her forehead and neck.