summary; cast

Read Book One First (Beautiful Mess)

( EXTENDED SUMMARY )

"I know that you'll stay out of
pure sympathy. There ain't no use
in lovin' a let down like me. I'll let
you down darlin', down babe. Just like
times before. You'll just keep on crawin'
back and beggin' me for more,"
- let you down, zach bryan

•••

Hunter Callahan had been with the 118 for nearly four years now and wouldn't change it for the world. Even after being dealt a hand full of bad cards, she still managed to find a place to call home that was filled with loving people.

Evan Buckley was more mild tempered and slightly less impulsive than the man he was when he first joined the 118. With a solid family for the first time in his life, he never felt better.

Despite the hatred that first flourished between the two hotheaded firefighters, they now formed a friendship that meant something to the both of them. Buck spent like forever waiting for the pretty blonde to come around and much to his gratitude, she finally did.

Repression was Hunter's heaven, but she'd rather go through hell. She still needed to face the hard times she had let go and heal herself from the things she had never felt. As new challenges surface from her time in service, she's faced with struggling between life and death.

•••

"there ain't much war when it's
four thirty-four with the girl you were
left back at that bar door. doin'
one-oh-three feels so free.
you don't miss the revelry do you?
oh, jamie," ~ jamie, zach bryan

BOOK TWO

( FEATURING )

Caity Lotz
as
Hunter Callahan
( LUBBOCK, TEXAS )

Caity LotzasHunter Callahan ( LUBBOCK, TEXAS )