chapter thirty three

CW: swearing
______________
sapnap's pov:

After sitting on the bench with Karl for who knows how long I get a call from Wilbur and I actually answer it.

"where the fuck are you, you have us worried sick" I hear his voice from the other side of the line, he seems pissed the fuck off.

"Karl was upset before he disappeared from the rink soon after, and I just had to go after him" I explain.

Wilbur sighs, "did you at least find him?"

"yes, I did... well he kind of found me" I smile softly even though he can't see it.

"how did you know where to find him?" I hear Quackity pitch in.

"I didn't, I just sort of guessed that he went back home and I sat on a bench in defeat, but he ended up coming up to me and sitting down beside me"

"oh, well that's good that you found him, should Wilbur and I go home as well?" Quackity asks.

"its completely up to you guys" I respond.

"I think we're going to go back home, see you guys soon" Wilbur says before ending the call.

I put the phone down and look back at Karl, "it's getting pretty dark now we should go back to your place or mine, whichever you prefer"

"my place, Quackity and Wilbur are gonna come back and go to my place anyway, and I want to see them again" he smiles.

I take him by the hand and lead him to his own house like he doesn't know where he's going. We stayed silent the entire walk, of course it was comfortable silence, there was nothing to be said, so none of us bothered to say anything. And it was nice.

Karl didn't want to do anything once he got back home, he just wanted to sit down and watch tv.

I didn't bother to question it, I just went along with what he said, after all he was pretty upset and I don't want to ruin his mood once again.

I found myself falling asleep while trying to focus on the screen infront of me, luckily Wilbur and Quackity burst through the door right as my eyes closed.

"HEYYY" Quackity yells.

"shh, it's late at night they might be sleeping" Wilbur whispers and covers Quackity's mouth.

Quackity smiles and Wilbur pulls away his hand and wipes it on his pants. I can't see what Quackity did to make Wilbur yank his hand back so fast, but now I wish I did, because I am beyond curious.

"what are you two doing over there" I say, making the other two jump.

"we thought you were sleeping" Wilbur sighs.

"I was falling asleep, but Quackity's screaming woke me right up" I giggle.

"I told you not to scream" Wilbur shoves Quackity playfully.

"come sit down with us" Karl smiles at them.

Wilbur drags Quackity over to the couch and sits down.

Wilbur slides down the couch closer to me, but doesn't say a thing. I don't think anything of it until he does it again.

"do you know why Karl was so upset and why he left so abruptly?" he whispers to me.

I shake my head in response, I wish I knew why, but if he doesn't want to tell me that is completely okay. As long as he's comfortable.

We continue to watch television as I get closer and closer to falling asleep. I try my hardest to keep my eyes open and continue watching while talking with the others, but the lights are off and I'm just so tired.